This football play-by-play commentary is far more entertaining than the game itself

For those who enjoy a dash of humor to leaven the play-by-play, I heartily recommend Bob Eucker, and not only for baseball. An example from Wikipedia:

Uecker also appeared in a series of commercials for the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League in the mid-1990s, including one in which he re-designed the team’s uniforms to feature a garish plaid reminiscent of the loud sports coats synonymous with Uecker in the 1970s and 1980s.

You should listen to Pistol Shrimps Radio then. In fact everyone here should. It’s defunct now* but there are over a hundred episodes in the back catalogue.

It’s a podcast where two of the best long form improv comedians out there, Matt Gourley and Mark McConville, two of the founders of Superego, were calling LA Women’s Municipal League basketball. Neither of them know a lot about basketball.

*mostly

Here’s a little sample (the visuals aren’t part of the podcast, that’s just a addition by some fan). It might not be for everyone

I actual enjoyed Dennis Miller’s NFL commentary. He would often make obscure literary references that would crack me up. Some of my coworkers at the time hated it though. They were rural “guns and god” types who would complain that they couldn’t understand what Dennis Miller was talking about.

Bravo! Well done Mike Camerlengo!
I especially liked “He’s the friend in the horror movie who yells don’t look back”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.