This French baker cruises around delivering fresh-baked goods to boaters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/18/this-french-baker-cruises-arou.html

1 Like

Looks like a decent way of life.

7 Likes

And wheresoever lots of boats shall gather, there shall be found some smart person doing a market-based kind of ships’ chandlery.

(Maybe there should be a land-based version of this; adults running out of the house screaming for the pain truck? Sound system blasting “Je Ne Regrette rien.”)

2 Likes

If only a seaplane could be worked into his business model somehow it would perfect!

4 Likes

Have you ever seen Porco Rosso? I think you might like it.

4 Likes

If faced with bread pirates, he can fire crouton torpedoes.

6 Likes

They’ll be more than a match for grapeshot.

1 Like

Most common in Asia:

2 Likes

Let’s hope those work against Zeps as well as Subs.

2 Likes

Lettuce hope it’s peppered to repel a foot long a-salt.

3 Likes

But will it work against the Bread Pirate Roberts?

8 Likes

Since he’s French, he butter bring le pain if he kneads to rise to the loaf and death situation and save his buns. Otherwise he’s toast.

Sorry for these crumby puns. I’m baked.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen it, but yes I might.

This is the most genuinely wonderful thing to appear on BoingBoing in a long while. I’m deeply, deeply intrigued by this chocolate mango pie.

1 Like

At first glance at the thumbnail, I thought he was working out of the basket of a hot-air balloon.

1 Like

3 Likes

Well I think that there may still be an arabber or two selling fresh fruit in Baltimore off of a horse drawn cart. Arabber - Wikipedia

There most definitely are.

The Bread Pirate Roberts perhaps?

[Argh! I see I was beaten to the pun!]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.