This futuristic wallet handles your plastic

Now for sale on the boing boing store: combo emergency building supplies/ caltrops

3 Likes

You keep coins in your wallet? I’ve not had much luck with that with a regular wallet.

1 Like

I finally broke down and started using a coin pouch in 2016. Japan is a cashfull society

1 Like

I use something like this:

Wallet is probably not the correct english term.

You need coins all the time over here: ticket machines, supermarket shopping carts etc.

3 Likes

I use one of these doohickeys, a magic wallet. RFID versions can be had for less than ten bucks. Slim and easy and fun.

Ah, thank you. That definitely counts as a wallet. It is a broad term, and includes larger versions that are meant to be carried in a purse rather than in a pocket. I’m not sure if I’ve seen a version of a wallet for a pocket that contains a coin holder before - but that may be be selective memory since that isn’t the kind of wallet I look for.

I thought all of Northern Europe was moving away from cash. Norway was having discussions about eliminating it altogether when I was living there a few years ago.

Cash is King in german speaking countries. According to a 2015 study by the Bundesbank (think Federal Reserve) 79% of financial transactions in Germany are settled in cash, while in Britain and the USA that figure is under 50 percent.

The figures for Austria and Switzerland are similar (Austria: 82% transactions in cash)

Payment card use in Austria - National Bank of Austria (english)

Reasons: Debt prevention and Privacy.

I too like cash but hate the coins.

3 Likes

Looks like a wallet to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.