This guy is grilling meat inside of a filing cabinet

it’s the doing it IN the office that seems suspect to me.

Izzat book cover the one set in Arthurian times where they’ve got a naturally occurring nuclear reactor? I read that years ago. It was bonkers.

Whereas I thought of Ms Yeah’s cooking inside a computer case:

And yes. She puts the computer back together afterwards.

She cooks all manner of insane things at her desk in an office building, including (as @allenk points out) lighting a wood fire inside a computer case. I really don’t want to think about the air quality in the building where she works.

I had to deal with metal fume fever when working with a zinc sprayer. It sprayed molten zinc on stuff, so I made sure to do the safety research. Found that zinc metal fume fever isn’t fun, but tolerable. The wikipedia article refers to “Monday Fever”, which is what I read too (20+ years ago). You lose tolerance if not exposed for 48 hours. I managed to keep effects to a minimum with my $30 DIY respirator while spraying kilograms of zinc daily.

Anyway, these cheap cabinets won’t be zinc plated. Maybe some cadmium on screws or something. In lieu of sandblasting, I’d set the whole thing on fire to burn off the organics and anything volatile then give it a good coat of paint inside and out with barbecue paint. Then bake it again.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the method to make roasted chicken by putting it on a can of beer. Not sure the paint was designed for that…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.