This guy makes stickers that look like power outlets to prank air travelers

Fun at a stranger’s expense indicates a shallowness of personality. People who ‘prank’ members of their own social group are just irritiating; people who do it to others are just assholes.

6 Likes

Too bad this prank is not used as a force for good.
(The janitors will thank you for it.)

8 Likes

Jeepers. Too many cranky travelers in this comment thread.

4 Likes

You are thinking that someone who wants to make sure that they can be reached while they are away from home is obsessive.
They might not be concerned about that work email as much as being able to be reassured that their child is well and being taken care of properly, or that their parent who had a health emergency is still alive. (That’s why I dashed around the airport like a crazy woman trying to find an outlet to charge my phone while I was stuck in Midway.)
I would have loved to be able to just read a book. But that would have meant ignoring the people who were depending on me to be in touch. That’s not tech obsession, that’s responsibility.

7 Likes

Slapping my knee. Hahaha.

Hey, do you have any dogs?

I’m with you. The thread is about a funny idea put into action. There is no harmful intent. Jeepers Creepers.

Pretty sure this has been said:

"Christ, what an asshole.’

5 Likes

Search for the film:You Can’t Take It With You. That’ll complete my reply.

So pulling a mean prank with the intent of unnecessarily harassing airport patrons (an environment known for it being the opposite of a relaxed or pleasant atmosphere) isn’t harmful? Noted.

5 Likes

If he was a real dick, he’d make stickers that looked like walls and pillars and put them over existing sockets.

2 Likes

I do believe you’re ‘trumping’ up a twist on words and understanding of the actual, playfully executed, harmless joy. Do you recall Candid Camera, have you watched AFV? You’re reading too deeply into something that simply doesn’t exist. And guess what? You can try this at home.

@brainspore said it best.

I don’t see any mutual joy here, just one person having fun at the expense of others suffering.

I think any sort of anonymous prank is just dickery at its worst. For a prank to be good, all parties need to be willing participants.

9 Likes

Are we talking about a prankster or a current politician?

2 Likes

WhyNotBoth.gif

2 Likes

Why not instead of a prank, try a social experiment? See if you can rig up a folding stationary bike hooked up to a generator and get it through airport security (easy, right?), and see how many people want to work for their phone charge?

2 Likes

I can deal with either of those situations or anything similar with my nine-year-old flip phone. Holds a charge for 90 hours plus, every time, and has user swappable batteries.

Using the latest ultra-thin phone with single-digit battery life, when people depend on you in critical situations? Probably unwise.

Their problem. Not yours.

1 Like

We disagree.

3 Likes

I understand what you’re disagreeing with, and I don’t agree.

Why would you? What’s in it for you?