This guy sacrificed 4 years of beard growth for an epic costume

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/this-guy-sacrificed-4-years-of.html

10 Likes

There was a fine moustache hidden in that beard.

8 Likes

Dude, are you okay? Because your 4 years of beard growth is more like 4 months for me. (Okay, I grant you, my beard is all gray and scraggly these days, but…)

17 Likes

Probably a four-year-old beard. Which was trimmed from time to time. Writers without beards (is that gonna be a new international charity?) probably think four years of beard growth is the same thing.

10 Likes

That looks like about 4 months beard growth. Do you mean he’d had a beard for 4 years? Ok. It will grow back in a month. This doesn’t feel like an epic sacrifice for a costume.

6 Likes

In the first photo he looks as if he’s thinking, “I can’t believe I’m going to go through with this.”

1 Like

I remember makingba similar sacrifice, giving up my moustache for a few day’s worth of snorkeling. It grew back a lot faster than Id expected.

3 Likes

Is it unusual? I generally grow my hair out for 5+ years then get rid of it for a halloween costume.

3 Likes

Obligatory:

speaking as someone who cannot grow a beard to save my life, and who envies every glorious beard i see, i will hold and carry that regret for you, sir. (even though that IS a perfect costume)

3 Likes

And tomorrow he can sacrifice his moustache for Movember!

2 Likes

I was going to say, at 4 years mine reached my navel.

And stopped growing longer. Terminus barba, baby!

2 Likes

I believe you may have misused the word “sacrifice” here. First-world sacrifices?

3 Likes

And probably a few meals too.

1 Like

Hey, you never know. There could have been an alter involved, loaded with beard trimmings… :thinking:

1 Like

That’s a weeks beard growth for Papasan. Honest. I can go as an Islam Cleric and not even try…

4 Likes

That’s about the same length as mine and I shaved 6 months ago. If I gave it 4 years I’d look like some kind of wild-eyed religious hermit.

I’m very tempted to share my passport photo.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. That’s what I look like by 4PM.

Mine’s been growing for a about year (I shaved it just before November last year), and It’s longer than that. Maybe I’m just part werewolf or something. I often get compared to Jesus or John Lennon by strangers on the street (whomever happens to be bigger at the time).

1 Like

In the times I’ve had LARPs running year-round, I’ve gone through large periods of my life with strange hair or facial-hair choices due to costuming needs, such as thick muttonchops, a curled mustache, or long bleach-blond hair. It’s worth it!

4 Likes