This guy's poor dog really hates it when his owner blows raspberries

Looked like a Westie to me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Highland_White_Terrier
Nice dogs, but like any terrier, I fully expect raspberry dude to get bit in the face eventually, if amps the dog up too much. Scrappy, stubborn, excitable, comical and awesome, that sums most of them up.
Then again, I could be biased, as we’ve got two terriers (staffies) managing this place.

I s’pose it could be. The tail is docked way shorter than I’ve ever seen a Westie’s though…Do they dock Westies’ tales at all?

Our pitbull was really afraid of my hiccups. I’m not sure it was the pitch since she’d freak out even when I stifled them.

Maybe she was afraid you would explode?

1 Like

Not supposed to. They’re actually know for having a really strong/long tail to pull them out of holes. I initially only looked at the animated GIF. That is a short tail. The youtube video has people trying to determine the breed & accusing him of docking the dog’s tail, so who knows what the deal is. Maybe the owner will answer one of them and we’ll know for sure. Then again, I keep meeting owners who tell me their 160 pound dog is a Staffie (breed tops out around 40 pounds), so who knows. :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaVyWAbCOqY

Compare the size of the mouth of a bottle to the size of a cat’s ear… I know my old cat would have had nearly identically sized ears. Perhaps there’s a bad resonance?

Like when you open two windows on one side of the car on the freeway and you get that painful throbbing in your ears.

1 Like

Better than mouth noises from his ass! That’s just disturbing…

1 Like

Oh, he’s got hearing issues too, hence if he farts and can’t hear it, then it didn’t happen.

I know, TMI…

1 Like

Wow. Never even considered that.

Tommy passed away at a healthy old age some years ago, so I can’t test the idea. None of my other cats over the years have ever responded in that way, and neither have any of my mom’s cats, when I’ve thought about testing them. (In her active days, my mom was the Mad Catlady of our street, neutering the male alley cats and finding homes (including hers and mine(!!!) for kittens whenever she could. Toxoplasmosis be damned, we are a cat family!)

This one, Tommy, was the only one who has ever responded that way. I discovered that I could also reproduce the effect just by breathing in and out through pursed lips “hoo hoo hoo hoo…”. I wondered if it was some quirky-but-harmless peculiarity of his (I had another cat who reacted to the scent of Old Spice - and only Old Spice - deodorant as if it were mild catnip), or if it was some primal, kitty-Freudian response to Lamaze-style breathing.

3 Likes

There is no dog video so innocuous that it won’t attract someone predicting death and ruin because of the Cruelty or Poor Training inflicted on the Suspect Breed by the Bad Owner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.