This heart-warming fan comic about Boba Fett is everything I wanted from the TV show

Originally published at: This heart-warming fan comic about Boba Fett is everything I wanted from the TV show | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Swheeeeeet! :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes: This comic is awesome; thanks for sharing it.

6 Likes

Flight Of The Conchords Crying GIF

7 Likes

Damn that’s awesome.

4 Likes

That was sweet.

4 Likes

That was excellent! Thanks for sharing

Nitpick: Fennec is actually a few years older than Boba. We know Boba was 13 when the Clone Wars end. We know Shand was an active, adult, bounty hunter at the same time (since she appears in Bad Batch)

3 Likes

That was lovely. Probably not enough blaster pistols (“pew-pew!”) for the Boba Fett fanbois but really nice for me.

1 Like

That was good. Did I miss some EU back story with Zam, or was that just made up for this comic?

If it was already established, then the ending would have been pretty cool to see. I personally think the series should have had a few more flash backs as a kid and as a young adult in the Empire era. It would have been part fan service, part building on the character’s back story.

The very last part was probably a fantasy too far, but I suppose in the context of WISHING it had happened, it made sense.

1 Like

There’s some novel and other tie-ins, though in cinematic/television media she only appears in the Clone Wars prequel movie, as far as I can tell. But the basic plot of the back story is accurate, even if all the stuff with Boba is creative dramatization.

Loved it, to be clear. This was far better than what we got in Book of Boba Fett and even the “it was all a fake out using Jango’s clones” worked for me and made sooooo much silly sense. Wish gratification for sure, but a lovely idea.

4 Likes

Disney / Lucasfilm need to hire this writer now.

1 Like

I’m getting the impression “better than the TV show” is a low bar to clear

4 Likes

This is sad, and lovely, and heartwarming in all the ways that is typical to Stevenson’s work. Slightly off topic, but for all the people who were disappointed by “rule with respect” Boba in The Book of Boba Fett (full disclosure, I liked it), I’d love to see a limited series or movie starring the kid (now adult) who played young Boba in the prequel trilogy as a young adult Boba set between “Solo” and “Empire” as the ruthless bounty hunter just wrecking shop on the regular.

1 Like

The first thing I saw of Stevenson was the Marvel and LOTR doodles, and they were full of such joy and fun. I’m really glad that kid has done well for themselves.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.