This heated fake keyboard was designed to fool your cat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/09/this-heated-fake-keyboard-was.html

7 Likes

As if they won’t notice the second they try to login.

50 Likes

This isn’t going to work unless you’re ‘typing’ on it or otherwise paying attention. Half the appeal to the cat is the heat, half the appeal is getting between the foodmonkey and what the foodmonkey is trying to do.

42 Likes

Easier and far more effective solution: DON’T own a cat.

5 Likes

Also the wrong solution.

49 Likes

Swapping things up and becoming the cat’s property brings with it its own set of problems.

9 Likes

That’s just the parasites talking :wink:

25 Likes

It needs a recording/speaker function so the cat will occasionally hear you yell “hey, [cat], off! I’m trying to work!” Only that will give the kitteh true satisfaction.

22 Likes

The severity of consequences are unfathomable when misrepresenting a false reality to a cat. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

19 Likes

I don’t. He owns me.

30 Likes

One wonders how deep the reserve of surplus laptops not worth buying for actual use is.

Until those are depleted I’d be a trifle wary of trying to compete with devices that are practically being given away, because they are otherwise e-waste; but are exquisite representations of a laptop in all respects because they are a laptop, potentially one that used to cost real money.

3 Likes

:thinking:

9 Likes

Apparently cats have strong opinions about Baudrillard.

(At press time it is unknown whether their tendency to bat objects off tables is evidence of a feline post-structuralist instincts or merely malice…)

13 Likes

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong.

17 Likes

Back in the days of big deep monitors, had a cat that would climb on top to sleep. One day came home to find the cat had thrown up into the air vents on top of the monitor and there were scorch marks exiting from the vents. No cats or homes were burned in the process. The monitor was less fortunate.

25 Likes

This happened to my dad too-trying to explain why everything had overheated was highly embarrassing for him.

5 Likes

Now I am imagining a dad curled up on top of a monitor for the heat.

19 Likes

In my experience, pet birds are the same. It is the diverting you attention from the computer, not the keyboard itself that is the attraction. Also amusing to them is the noises the foodmonkey makes when they press the keys. The louder the squawk from the foodmonkey, the more satisfying it is.

12 Likes

cool design, i might just steal that

2 Likes

It needs at least one fake arm attached to it as well, so they can drape themselves over it.

22 Likes