This innovative pan makes for great food and minimal clean up

So…add a wooden trivet and market the pan as a TV Dinner Sizzle Platter…

6 Likes

Wow… a pan(?) completely free of utility. I’ve gotta’ get one of those!

6 Likes

Jack of all trades, master of none. Plus, that’s a lot of greasy sides,

7 Likes

Look, it’s a bad idea whose time has come.

5 Likes

It doesn’t need cleaning. It’s “seasoned”.

4 Likes

Half the appeal of bacon and eggs is frying eggs in bacon grease (no fuck YOU heart) so I too don’t see the point.

19 Likes

For a site so down on mindless consumerism, BoingBoing sure does peddle of a lot of cheap useless crap.

15 Likes

It is the StackSocial store and they are really ads to help BB pay the bills. Making fun of the store posts has become a bit of a hobby here.
At least this isn’t another ‘learn to make web pages with these sketchy videos of questionable sourcing’ post.

11 Likes

Or an utterly proprietary and expensive EOLed digital camera that requires the use of software that will never be updated…

The pan is just poorly designed, but at least people will actually still be able to use it a year down the line (when they find it in the box of kitchen items they never use because they are useless crap), unlike the lifetime VPN, cloud back up, video learning offers. (Or even the lifetime print “upgrades” Joel was hawking as Flag Kickstarter rewards…)

6 Likes

That looks like a huge pain in the ass to clean, and in no way better than having a few skillets of varying sizes.

4 Likes

Bento For Dummies?

5 Likes

That looks like an absolute bugger to wash.

Has there ever been anything that’s actually good sold in the BoingBoing store?

3 Likes

That is not going to fit into my sink.

Ooh. Maybe it comes with a free sink unit big enough to clean it in. I’ll get one if it does.
And installation costs of course.

Have I thought of everything? Wouldn’t wanna be wishmastered.

3 Likes

This is the problem with Stack Social (and most “advertorial” native advertising). Stack Social boosts its credibility by pitching its sketchy deals as if they are the curated selections of stores run by Boing Boing. Because the deals are sketchy, this is zero sum relative to credibility, what Stack Social gains in credibility, Boing Boing loses.

On the positive side, the Boing Boing/Stack Social ad copy has improved a great deal, though that’s a pretty low bar to beat. And there have been fewer “lifetime” deals of late. So cudos to BB for that.

9 Likes

Or another flipping lightning cable…

3 Likes

That three pack of lightning cables was fine.

3 Likes

Well, they get paid which is more than you or I do for them.

11 Likes

“Plus, there are no heavy metals, lead, cadmium, or PFOA in the pan, meaning your food won’t be full of toxins.”

Well that’s an incredibly specific disclaimer. Are these things normally found in a skillet? Or are they just trying to market to Boingboing’s famously chemphobic, anti-vax, conspiracist audience?

10 Likes

ooooo So many sick burns. Not what I want from a frying pan.

5 Likes

Also: round egg in a square hole.

7 Likes