This innovative pan makes for great food and minimal clean up

It’s called a breakfast skillet and cast iron ones have been around for ages. They are hardly a new innovation.

2 Likes

If pans had LGBQT, this would sure be the “Q”

3 Likes

“they are really ads to help BB pay the bills”

What’s wrong with running ads for actually useful products, instead of useless tchotchkes that people will use once, realize they suck, and then throw them out?

3 Likes

Really useful products don’t need the heavy marketing or have huge profit margins, so they don’t pay as well.

8 Likes

Besides what @skeptic says BB mostly has a curation of the submissions from stacksocial. I wish it was actually more of this kind of useless stuff over the ‘learn this thing bundle’ and ‘lifetime vpn/storage (ours not yours)’
@jlw does have some creative fun with the titles every now and then.

9 Likes

Normally, no. Occasionally/historically yes.

3 Likes

To be fair, at $50 with free shipping, this does appear to be a below average online price for this item, though the $100 “original” price is BS, as is the “50%” discount. The typical price is $60, not $100.

1 Like

I can taste that entire meal just from looking at the picture, even though TV dinners haven’t been produced in that form in probably thirty years. I even remember the feeling of the fork scraping against the metal.

5 Likes

PFOA was in Teflon nonstick pans but was found to be a minimal source of exposure. Microwave popcorn bags are worse.

1 Like

Re: Thread title: Not all “innovation” is progress, though I suppose this appeals to obsessive-compulsive chefs who don’t want flavors to commingle on the skillet and don’t mind dedicating a lot of attention to scraping and scrubbing many small surfaces rather than one large and continuous one. Personally, I’d rather clean two or three pans, but don’t even need to-- one large iron skillet can do all this, and makes it easier to cook well, besides.

<3 One of the best things about cooking with this is staging things. I usually start with olive oil and onions, and keep tossing in parts of the meal according to how long they can cook, with flavors mixing and cooking together and finally being sopped up by the last thing cooked, usually potatoes and/or eggs… “Clean as you cook,” there’s really not much left beyond a quick spray of water, maybe a scrub with a paper towel, and a fresh coating of olive oil before the pan can even cool off. Ready to cook its next meal!

13 Likes

This is also my answer to 95% of cookings challenges.

5 Likes

Makes for a great weapon too.

4 Likes

My plate version works just fine.

5 Likes

And the skillet is gluten free!

7 Likes

Good is it also plutonium free?

4 Likes

No, the plutonium’s extra.

9 Likes

Damn I can still cook uranium cakes though?

4 Likes

At Crazy Jim’s Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor, the cooks will yell at you for failing to recite your order in the proper sequence as they ask for it, and I can’t imagine they would have nice things to say about that pan. Here’s how they make great food with minimal clean-up.

8 Likes

They probably realised how well it works for ThinkGeek.

3 Likes
3 Likes