This Irish Setter dog is a good babysitter. Might say they're an Irish Sitter.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/14/this-irish-setter-dog-is-a-goo.html

6 Likes

Apparently no Irish Setters killed anyone in the US in the period 2005-2017. Lest that seem like a “well, duh” statistic, in that same period there are reports of fatal attacks on humans by Corgis, Dachsunds, Jack Russells, and Chihuahuas. (Data here.)

9 Likes

Killed by a Chihuahua… what a way to go.

13 Likes

Some of them are real deviants

13 Likes

They pack up and go at the Achilles tendon .

1 Like

I’m imagining it wasn’t a single Chihuahua, but a swarm of them attacking like a school of piranhas.

7 Likes

I worked for somebody that had 5 jack russells. One time when visiting their home the dogs were outside and they warned “careful, they’ll pack up on you”…

4 Likes

not a red setter though :slight_smile:

I was going to ask the BB hivemind about that.

Is ‘Irish Setter’ the USian name for what we know as a ‘Red Setter’ in the UK, or is that name applied in the UK too? What’s it called (in English) in Ireland?

From my own experience, I wouldn’t trust a bouncy, bordering on ****ing insane (in a friendly way), red setter with a baby.

2 Likes

“Irish” is used for both here, though I think some people who raise and train field lines for serious work like to use “Red Setter” to distinguish their dogs from the goofier show-bred dogs.

2 Likes

With those flyweight breeds the cause of death must be a nasty infection, likely in people with compromised immune system. Or in case of dachshunds, a gunshot wound.

6 Likes

Thanks. A quick glance at Wikipedia did suggest that the working and show varieties are diverging (even physically), but it was unclear about the name(s).

2 Likes

Hopefully brexit’s monkeying with the Good Friday Accords doesn’t change this.

1 Like

mlp-fim-pinkie-pie-rimshot

1 Like
2 Likes

Beautiful dogs but almost as dim as a Dalmatian.

The way the photo was cropped made it look like the baby was wearing a “cone of shame”

1 Like

I love dogs but i would never ever leave a baby unattended with any dog. Not saying that’s what this owner has done but it’s a good rule to live by.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.