This Is Fine

Why isn’t the real story ever that food conglomerates are jacking up prices just because they can, and seeing record profits as a result? I mean yes, there is “inflation,” but we should be hearing about WHY that’s happening. :rage:

8 Likes

There are stories all the time reporting record profits for the megaconglomerates that run our food supply, and more about the financial ruin of farms and farmers across the country, but precious few that connect these facts to the ongoing inflation we see. Why are we having to pay more for food? So the corporate bosses can line their pockets and report ever more incredible quarterly profits. Not nearly as easy as “Thanks, Biden” though.

10 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

6 Likes

Maybe ChatGPT’s owners should rename it Sparky.

2 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

Yes and.

4 Likes

I was scrolling through bluesky and came across this…

It seemed too absurd to be real, yet I still felt a moment of relief when I found out it was a parody. That relief was short-lived when I clicked the link to the article this is parodying…

12 Likes

Tried to find a Boeing thread but they’re all locked so this seemed best place.

7 Likes

You could start a topic? If you do, pleae call it BoeingBoeing

14 Likes

Boeingboeing

7 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

Just got my COVID booster yesterday at a pharmacy. Guess what they used? :woman_facepalming:t4:

10 Likes

Oh wow. I wonder if that’s part of why my skin reacts to some bandaid adhesives if they are left on for more than a few hours? We have Welly Bravery bandages at the house because that’s a brand I don’t react to.

Also, I’m not surprised but still disgusted by how many of the bandaids marketed to BIPOC have these dangerous chemicals

8 Likes

… compare and contrast

3 Likes

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

wall-e pixar gif GIF by Disney Pixar

6 Likes