This Is Fine

Sorry! I’ll spoiler it.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Well, damn. I am certainly lagging in my understanding that in England…

… and I am a water quality nerd, so I should have been tracking this. Thanks for the update.

Yikes. Yes, plenty of private companies and one not-for-profit in Wales. Oh dear, the biggest, United Utilities, has… shareholders and a stock market listing… this can’t be good news.

I suppose here’s where I link this thread to this other thread:

Not Looking Good Season 5 GIF by Outlander

11 Likes

No, no, no, everything is, like, totes fine.
After all, people can always simply give their business to a competing sewage company and let the market sort things out. Or just start their own mom & pop sewage company!

10 Likes

What the–

7 Likes

Either they are targeting civilians, or they are inflicting damage without concern for who it is inflicted upon. Neither is acceptable, both are (AIUI) war crimes. Not that they will be held responsible for it, but it needs to be said.

9 Likes
6 Likes

Yes. It must be said.

And I unfortunately agree that the likelihood of these child-shooting --child-murdering–perpetrators ever being held accountable is very remote.

There are echoes here of the accountability problem with people who shoot children (and adults of course) in Texas. A lot of us Texans who are tracking mass shootings here suspect that justice will only be served, if such can be had, at the end of a long ugly battle in courts. That’s going to mean money, lawyers, and a lot of time and energy, and how many of us commoners have a superabundance of those?

7 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Speaking of food … an oldie but goodie:

Food scientist shows the facts.
Also, processed cheese is formulated to melt. That’s it’s whole raision d’etre.

6 Likes

Whew GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/02/health/lgbt-health-care-discrimination-kff-survey/index.html

11 Likes

11 Likes

If there was a single chance in Hell that this would be reciprocated, I would be all for it. They have proven over and over that any concession to them is seen as a sign of weakness and attacked. Once you have portrayed your opponent as a “demon,” any possibility for compromise is gone. You don’t make deals with the devil, you can only annihilate him. No, being “nice” to them just emboldens them. They must be defeated in detail and sent back to their slimy rocks.

10 Likes

I just have to be more accommodating, offer them everything they want, give in to all their demands, and then they'll have to respect me!

(Speaking of chances in hell.)

9 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2024/04/02/clearwater-investors-exit-market.html

4 Likes
3 Likes

And how do people even imagine that there’s anyone on this earth capable of “respectfully” thinking some one is subhuman and undeserving of even basic rights?

8 Likes