This Is Fine

That’s some fucked up nazi shit.

15 Likes

And she seems so happy about it. Gaah!

11 Likes

This part too.

My understanding is that Biden has been quietly setting records (and pissing off environmentalists) for increased drilling in US soil for oil. Hopefully it’s for the somewhat rational reason of making the US less dependent on foreign oil ( and thus influence), cuz the US does still use a lot of oil, but anyway, I’m not surprised that these boneheads don’t realize that Biden’s already doing something that they’re blaming him for not doing.

11 Likes

He absolutely has!

The media they tend to consume ignores facts like that, so… :woman_shrugging: It really is like we’re living in two worlds… :sob:

9 Likes

Wish she could understand how high prices and inflation would go without immigrants in this country.

6 Likes

Part of the plan… once they carry out mass deportations, and prices spike, they can then blame the “liburals” and start rounding US up.

They do not plan to fix anything. The more it’s broken, the more they can blame some “them” and keep themselves in power. Of course, eventually, they run out of “others” and invent NEW “others” and they start eating their own tail.

11 Likes

Time travelers from the 1956 GOP convention?

3 Likes

Hmmm… probably not?

It was Ike, after all… He was very much a liberal consensus guy. And in 1964, when they nominated right winger Barry Goldwater, they got hammered by Johnson. The GOP moderate wing was in ascendancy right through to Nixon and Ford.

We really do need to be a bit thoughtful about just seeing these people as “throwbacks” to an earlier era… Quite a lot of the energy is coming from younger, millennial and gen Z white, cisgendered, middle and upper class men who are part of the modern backlash to the gains made by women, POC, LGBQT+. It’s not just old people who are driving this…

9 Likes

Reminds me of stuff I heard growing up. My mom is from an area that is traditionally, extremely white. Rural Saskatchewan to be specific. It was not some unified utopia. The English/German majority absolutely hated the Ukrainian and Polish settlers, in almost exactly the same way you see now with skin colour. Sure, it’s harder to distinguish at a glance that someone is the ‘hated other’, but you bet if someone found out you were not one of them you were gonna have a hard time.

My uncle passed earlier this year. He was born in 1933, and last time I visited in 2015 he called someone who was being difficult a ‘f-ing (slur for Polish people)’.

If the fascists succeed in removing visible minorities, you bet they’ll move on to another target. No one is safe.

12 Likes

It is the same old shit.

It’s just not the same old crowd doing it.

Somehow, it skipped a generation and came back worse than when grandpa was doing it last time.

9 Likes

I think the difference is that during the Gen X era, whenever nazis showed up at punk shows or whatever, we gave them a beat down and sent their dumb asses packing… We tended to let the right wing reactionaries of our generation know that that shit wasn’t welcome, so they ended up making their own underground scene, which influenced today’s shitty right wingers… :sob:
Not sure it worked out well for us.

Also, no one listens to Gen X… :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

That’s the generation it skipped.

Fuck knows why or how Nazis became fashionable again, the motherfuckers.

11 Likes

Makes me want to go watch Green Room again so I can revel in the racist skins getting annihilated.

2 Likes

Here’s the other one I saw.

That’s a rally.

4 Likes

It’s a great movie… but FFS, the band that ended up in that shitshow SHOULD have known better than to play at a neo-nazi club. To some degree, their own “neutral” policy led to their downfall (though they prevail at the end - the survivors, anyway). It can be read as a cautionary tale about neutrality as much as one about beating nazi ass.

3 Likes

Yep, all of this.

3 Likes

Sir Pat Stew is scary as fuck… :sob: the polar opposite of Capt. Picard!

4 Likes

Their signs:

MASS DEPORTATION NOW

My sign:

YOU FIRST

10 Likes
4 Likes

The cause is now clear, and for those in the know, has been since about half an hour after it started to hit.

Workaround Steps:

1. Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment
  2. Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory
  3. Locate the file matching “C-00000291*.sys”, and delete it.
  4. Boot the host normally.

It only affects Windows hosts (desktops, laptops, or servers) which are running Crowdstrike. Not Windows or no Crowdstrike, it’s not this. Alas, that combination is whole swathes of the world. The ABC (Australia) has been running on emergency systems, as has the BBC, banks, airlines, and hospitals have all been taken out to some degree.

11 Likes