This Is Fine

10 Likes

Right on time, I guess… :rage:

9 Likes

… once the tents are gone they will criminalize just sitting on the ground :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Loitering is already a crime in way too many places.

8 Likes

… now that Martin v. City of Boise has been overturned, additional layers of case law are exposed for more attacks

Once upon a time we could be jailed for literally not having enough money in our pockets :unamused:

4 Likes

13 Likes

Screenshot_20240722_150842_Brave

my little pony what GIF

14 Likes
7 Likes

The text justification, huh?

6 Likes

Why should the text be justified, when clearly none of the arguments in it are?

9 Likes

my little pony rimshot GIF

9 Likes

Is that what that’s called?

As I think you gathered, I get annoyed by long titles or subtitles with just one or two words on the second line. I remember hearing that in publishing, if one word at the end of a paragraph appears on its own like that, it’s sometimes called an orphan, and sometimes a widow. Not a big deal, but in titles it stands out even more to me. Looks ugly, seems careless and lazy.

9 Likes

Follow up to the story about a riot in England:

4 Likes

Posting this here is probably just as relevant as half a dozen other places. The writer’s increasingly nutty pitches mirror the subject itself perfectly. And he does attempt to answer a real question I have been asking for a while, only not out loud.

13 Likes

I think it is the lateral thinking of “asylum” and trying to come up with a familiar scary image to sell to people. Trump just rambles whatever impulsive thoughts run through his mind.

A lot of his stuff is like this. He kind of connects ideas sloppily through whatever bizarre associations with them he makes personally, and they usually revolve around whatever paranoid delusions he’s selling that day. People attribute some kind of marketing genius but well and truly there is no genius involved in connecting “scary thing in movie” to “people to hate” via what would amount, at best, to ambitiously poetic word association.

8 Likes

It’s clear that no matter how strung out his diatribes / public rants and ramblings, there is some non-zero portion of people who are into it. And some portion of them are U.S. registered voters who are (I am guessing here) going to vote in November. Ye gods.

Calling it “word association” instead of word salad is a generous take.

I am baffled. I don’t think it’s useful for me to try to figure out what he does mean, if he means anything, but the biggest bafflement to me is the people who keep supporting him. FTA:

Trump keeps unlocking Captain America-style supersoldiers to do his bidding every time he mentions Lecter

Hey that take is a longshot, but I’m not going to rule out the possibility that someone, somewhere, just might believe, because:

… at this point, his campaign getting a financial injection from the Marvel Comics Universe makes just about as much sense as anything that has happen since ~2015.

8 Likes

My theory is that Trump finally saw Silence of the Lambs. He used that stupid “he loved to have you over for dinner” line and whoever he said it to (Don,Jr., Eric, Lara, one of the servers at Mar-a-Lago) laughed politely.

Now the senile old man just…won’t…stop repeating the same stupid line. And as long as MAGAts laugh at it, he will not stop.

10 Likes

It fell pretty flat yesterday…

Meanwhile, all the folks behind him were scanning the horizon nervously…

10 Likes

Newsom orders California state agencies to start clearing homeless encampments

9 Likes
8 Likes