This Is Fine

Ha! That fucking guy, I’m not surprised.

I’ve been seeing and hearing Silver make the rounds with some new book he’s hawking. It’s always him spouting some vague, barely meaningful, centrist blather. I 'm still not sure what the book is supposed to be about. He’s become my new poster boy for Mediocre White Male Success Story of the Year. Just sound super confident about Important Topics, toss in a few big words and some historical references, and you’re golden, baby!

10 Likes

To be fair, Nate Silver is quite good at predicting what happened 12 to 24 hours ago. His after the fact polling is always spot on.

8 Likes

This kind of betting is found in John Brunner’s Shockwave Rider. Science fiction plants another idea!

2 Likes

7a251cc3-d167-404c-8481-81e15f5aa803_thumb-ezgif.com-added-text

9 Likes

At the end of the game the team with the most points on the board is going to win. - John Madden

10 Likes
16 Likes

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Throughout the DNC, prominent “fact-checkers” filtered Trump’s remarks through a MAGA spin cycle. To be blunt, it’s shockingly poor journalism.

IMO, this falls far short of the mark and doesn’t really answer the question. What’s wrong is that they are distorting the facts to make the outcome of their analysis favorable to TFG, because the owners of the outlets they work for want him to win.

10 Likes
16 Likes

Oh heaven forfend that we talk all fancy and use big words naturally!
Or that some people read the dictionary for fun! or have a facility with language(s).

Aye carumba.

Face Palm GIF

13 Likes
10 Likes

Yeah. I’ve tried to tone that down myself, even here, where I’ve been asked if I “swallowed a thesaurus.” (Well no, I just read a lot, and I use some of the words I encounter. Sorry, I guess? :confused: )

16 Likes

Nasa astronaut reports ‘strange noise’ from Boeing Starliner spacecraft

Butch Wilmore reports pulsing sounds from capsule dogged with issues and set to return without astronauts

6 Likes

What for? Sharing? Offering the opportunity to learn something new? Never.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Do you think Charles Dickens ever apologized for using every $.50 word he stumbled upon? Nah. Haters gonna hate, so use your vocabulary as you see fit. :rage:

13 Likes

Indubitably!

12 Likes

That’s the spirit!

9 Likes