'This Is Nigeria' is that country's viral version of the Childish Gambino hit

I’m willing to be there isn’t a country in the world that would not benefit from some healthy criticism.

I live in Canada, which is mostly fantastic, but we definitely have some ripe ground for a First Nations version of this song.

‘This is in Canada. No drinking water now. Throw us in prison now. Ripped from our families now…’

4 Likes

Ha ha, “Some Scandanavian country…” was literally my first draft of this post, but I couldn’t finish the joke, so went for lower hanging fruit. nice.

1 Like

“… we got socialized healthcare and free college tuition, so we don’t even have to rhyme!”

3 Likes

Meh, France is in such a years-long trend of deep self-loathing that I’m not sure healthy criticism is audible anymore.

2 Likes

After what they did to Edwin Starr’s “War”, I wouldn’t put anything past them. Anything.

1 Like

Nigeria has it pretty easy,

This is the only context in which Nigeria has it easy.

3 Likes

I think it has to do with the significant population of dispossessed princes.

3 Likes

I knew someone would know the right answer!

1 Like

Well yeah. Going back in time to change history so that you’re country’s name is four syllables and ends in “-a” is is definitely the tricky part. The rest of it is child’s play.

Iceland. I can’t imagine one coming from Iceland that isn’t well… something that makes you kind of wish you could visit Iceland…

1 Like

Being married to a Nigerian she would tell you that something about their culture proliferates the “get rich quick” mentality. It’s oervasive in all societal groupings of the nation for whatever reason.

1 Like

Esp. if it was a Bjork video…

1 Like

One of my best friends at my old job was Nigerian, and I asked her about it once; she just rolled her eyes and did a hand-flip and said “they stupid and have too many fake princes”.

2 Likes

Not far from the truth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.