This is the best opening paragraph in any news story ever

Most people under the age of 25 don’t have their brain wired right yet, particularly the ‘no that’s a bad idea’ part. And they think they’re immortal. There are exceptions, and it never properly develops in a lot of adults, but really smart kids who make staggeringly bad decisions is a common thing. Age varies, but 25ish is my experience.

Also, many people go to college not because they’re particularly smart or have a need for it, but because that’s just what you do. They’re not necessarily smarter than the high school dropouts, or the ones who graduated high school but didn’t go to college - they just had better resources.

Then frats actively concentrate the worst people. Add peer pressure, and you’ve got a regular F5 hurricane of testosterone, alcohol, weed, and bro. None of that leads to good life choices.

10 years from now a lot of them will be perfectly normal socialized adults… but then a lot of them will be in sales.

1 Like

No, I fear that in actuality within 10 year a lot of them will be the same banksters, financiers, Wall Street types and lawyers that are fucking up everything right now. That’s really what they’re being groomed for.

Christ, what an asshole.

4 Likes

And he wasn’t even a Wellesleyan.

I didn’t do dumbass things in college, my dad would have given me the belt. Why don’t the universities inspect fraternity housing for safety and police the safety of parties? Maybe they are afraid they might open themselves up to lawsuits if they got involved? How about we create a “safe harbor” provision that immunizes universities that get involved and actively try to improve safety in Greek life.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.