This is the best pot scrubber

1 Like

Legit favorite line from the movie was when the Hollywood producer responded, “Of course you did, darling, but did it see you?”

1 Like

There’s a cleaned up HD print of the John Schlesinger/Kate Beckinsale version (which was also originally made for TV) available here and there; we rewatched it recently on a 10 foot screen, and it looked great.

1 Like

Aw yeah, the Mr. Neck/Seth thread was great. Obviously Amos’s was the best – “There’ll be no butter in hell!” and “The Lord will provide. Or not, according to His whim.”

1 Like

Can confirm - these are great and the swappable bristle packs reduce waste over time. The top part will last for 5+ years until the silicone soap valve eventually gives out.

2 Likes

I have that same image copied to my clipboard right now, ready to post. Good on ya.

Apparently not enough Shonen Knife fans.

UNPOSSIBLE!!! It’s impossible for BRIAN BLESSED to go over the top; He did that a long time ago… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(Brian Blessed is one of those theatre actors who transitioned into TV and movies, but forgot that he no longer needs to project to the back row. Which is just fine.)

Normally, the first thing I do when washing a pot or pan that’s got baked on food is to put it in/on the sink, dump some dishwashing soap in it, add plenty of water, and let it soak overnight. The next day, I’ll dump it out, and either chuck it into the dishwasher.

For the cast iron, It gets cleaned after use; I add water to it and bring it to a boil. then I dump it out, and give it a good scrub with a chain mail square I received as a gift from a friend of mine that makes it. After that, I toss a small amount of veggie oil (usually canola) into it while it’s still hot and on the burner, and use a paper towel to wipe the surface down with the oil, and then use a second paper towel to wipe up the excess. I then let it come up to the point where the oil starts to smoke, then shut the burner off, take the pan off the heat and let it cool on it’s own. (That last part is adding to the seasoning of the pan, which is what gives cast iron it’s non-stick properties.)

That having been said, I have a tendency to take a blue scrubbie sponge to the hard cases- the blue scrubbie is safe for non-stick, unlike the green scrubbies which typically use Scotchbrite or such, and is very abrasive.)

I’ve been using this scrubber for years, and it works especially well on my grill pan.

For pans that aren’t coated, I use a copper scrub pad. They get a little manky after awhile, but they’re cheap. They certainly last longer than 3 months.

I’ve also got a little bit of chainmail for the really persistent grime. The best part of this is that it’s durable and resistant to wear and tear. I kind of wish that it was a little bigger, dimensionally.
1 Like

You’re right you’re right you’re right my apologies to you, to the fine readers of bbs.BoingBoing, to my parents on whom I have brought shame, and of course, to Sir Brian. What I should have said, what I meant to say, what I probably DID say before being maliciously edited by a rogue hacker, is that the technology of the time was simply not up to the challenge of handling his amazing projective powers. According to Wikipedia, a device for the immediate damping of catastrophic audio spikes was developed in 1971, tragically too late for the above-referenced production. This device, activated with a large red button, internally lit, is now known – due to its invaluable contributions to modern cinema – as the “Blessed Button” or, inexplicably, the “Brian Boom-Breaker”. If only it had come sooner.

1 Like

No need to apologize, good sir! :rofl:

And the best part about the Ringer? if it gets manky, chuck it in the dishwasher on the top shelf. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.