This is the world's most inconvenient convenience store

The worst is when the cliff-side convenience store doesn’t have what you want, and you have to take matters into your own hands

2 Likes

I couldn’t focus on anything beyond how many people were on that rock face. Good god there are too many people everywhere. This is why I live in a shack in the woods and definitely not because nobody can stand to be around me. I think. I don’t really know anymore.

12 Likes

that vender needs to invest in a quality set of plasticized foods

2 Likes

I love the Japanese fake foods. Spent a happy afternoon a few years back wandering round Kappabashi in Tokyo looking at all the marvelous things.

But on a train here in the UK? We have sadly not yet evolved that far

2 Likes

3 Likes

Does anyone show up looking for their lost dog?

5 Likes

I’m no expert … but I get the feeling these ‘climbers’ are more day-tourists that probably shouldn’t be doing this sort of effort… none of them should be going up without water and food to start with.
And either at the top of bottom, I bet there’s a pile of discarded plastic.

1 Like

Perhaps Simpsons were the first with a “convenience store” on top of a mountain, but Gary Larson did a comic that predates Season 5:

9 Likes

2 Likes

if i worked there i would 100% pee off the cliff. as a courtesy to climbers, and only if possible, the solid waste would have to wait until after my shift was over.

No. No, no. No. Did I mention no? Because no.

I made the mistake of going out on the floor window in the “Infinity Room” at House on the Rock in Wisconsin. I’m glad I had someone there with me because I froze up and couldn’t move. That was an experience. Oddly enough I never had that issue with climbing on things even though I’m acrophobic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.