This is what happens when you leave a stripper pole on a busy sidewalk (video)

Originally published at: This is what happens when you leave a stripper pole on a busy sidewalk (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

In summary, hardly anyone

6 Likes

There is a pole dance studio three blocks away from this spot. I passed it all the time when I was in Seattle and taking classes there. I’m trying to decide if one of the people doing an invert is the owner of that studio.

12 Likes

lol, that was completely boring. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen. Oh well, can’t win 'em all Boing Boing.

5 Likes

Not bad at all for the amount of grit in that part of town. I can definitely imagine it being easier to avoid touching a stripper pole left outside! Many seem respectful after being a bit puzzled. Seattle is diverse for the number of introverts vs those you see busting a move here. Good share, thanks BB.

7 Likes

Where’s the tetherball?

James Harden Reaction GIF by NBA

14 Likes

A proper “stripper” pole needs better securing than this, so I’m not surprised few people wanted to play with it - it just doesn’t seem particular secure or safe.

3 Likes

Plus, you know, everyone (including myself) are major germaphobes now.

3 Likes

I suppose there’s that, too - but the risk of it tipping over/falling apart seems a lot greater (and more immediate), given it’s exposed to the elements.

Even before covid I would avoid touching things like subway hand holds or escalator handrails or even elevator buttons. Public bathrooms are a real challenge.

There’s no way I’m touching a pole. Not that I can dance or spin, but still.

2 Likes

Yeah… but enough did… :smiley:

Well, I for one enjoyed the ones that did give it a go!

6 Likes

Well actually, congealed crotch stank is a natural antiseptic. Or I might be thinking of dog saliva? Anyway I’m 40% sure I heard something like that from school bus sources.

3 Likes

Playing it off as “grade school humor” is no excuse for misogyny dude.

3 Likes

… the feats of strength? the airing of grievances?

3 Likes

Opportunity to recreate Singin’ In The Rain missed (except the pair who synchronised).

I’ve played on this kind of freestanding pole at a Burning man local event. It’s fine, and I’m 6’2" / 240. If it was dry I’d give the sidewalk pole a spin for sure, but if it was wet I’d think about it.

2 Likes

I prefer it when they leave a baton on a busy sidewalk with a small orchestra to conduct.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.