This is why putting a swimming pool in the back of a pickup truck won't work

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/20/this-is-why-putting-a-swimming.html

5 Likes

Doing it wrong, obvi.

25 Likes

Yet another life lesson previously demonstrated on The Simpsons.

pool-mobile

44 Likes

For the “gentlemen” in question, I’m sure this is a feature, not a bug.

I mean, yes, physics and all that. And this does seem to be operator error on the part of the driver.

But I really don’t think that, culturally, this is regarded as a failure mode. It just serves to make the experience more memorable when they laugh their asses off whilst consuming another case of beer.

28 Likes

Florida?

Is that Putin? And… Don Jr?

2 Likes
19 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Had I said it, though, I would have also employed ironic quote marks around the loosely used term “beer.”

3 Likes

Homer: “Marge, it isn’t leaking…it’s overflowing.”

2 Likes

Yep, this configuration appears to be working exactly according to design specifications. The engineered outcome of hilarity has been successfully realized.
Please mark this as approved for further field testing including speedbumps, potholes and left turns.

8 Likes

That whole reddit thread is pure moronic gold.

Thumbs up for that phrase. Will be going in my lexicon for future use.

6 Likes

Hell, that rig looks ready to be taken mudbogging! Just add a couple broads in MAGA bikinis and you got yerself a Memorial Day to remember.

Shouldn’ta ordered a shake.

5 Likes

Maybe the pandemic boredom is affecting my decision-making, but I would totally ride in a swimming pool truck. It looks dangerous, but also really fun.

9 Likes

i’'m willing to bet it was the driver who convinced them this whole thing was a good idea, just so s/he could do this. lol

7 Likes

Easy with the hobby-typing there. Mud bogging is super fun when done responsibly and with respect for the machinery. :grimacing:

1 Like

Trust me when I say: putting a swimming pool anywhere really doesn’t work, unless you happen to be mega rich and just wanna watch money fly away from you.

4 Likes

I once peed out of the back of a moving truck. Let’s just say it did not go as planned.

6 Likes

It looks pretty awesome to me, too. Also if I were the driver that would not have been operator error.

3 Likes
1 Like