Watch what happens when a big group of men excitedly ride a pickup truck into a swamp

Originally published at: Watch what happens when a big group of men excitedly ride a pickup truck into a swamp | Boing Boing

11 Likes

giphy

27 Likes

I just bet this drains into the local aquifer.

12 Likes

Alligator buffet!

8 Likes

Is that a metaphor for America or just America? I’ll go with “both”.

21 Likes

Presumably they were planning to “drain” it

7 Likes

The driver was heard claiming that even God couldn’t sink this truck.

7 Likes

An inspired soundtrack. 5 stars. A lesser sound designer would have defaulted to Yakety Sax.

29 Likes

That could have easily became a tragedy with people getting hurt or worse.

7 Likes

If this was footage from Asia or Africa or South America, it would be a tragedy about safety standards and people forced into these conditions.

Instead, it is from a country without universal healthcare where people are obsessed with liability and suing each other, and these people willing risked lives.

6 Likes

Here, hold my beer.

14 Likes

If you’re thinking of the USA, I don’t think those trees in the background look like a US species. I’d certainly like to know where this is from.

4 Likes

“Draw me like one of your Cajun girls.”

6 Likes

They may not be common US trees, but the pines could be loblolly or longleaf pines.

ETA:slash pine is another swamp loving US pine

oh come now. where else on earth could this possibly occur?

4 Likes

Brazil.

https://www.instagram.com/monstrooffroad/
10 Likes

well then, i stand corrected! although this sure seemed like a USA gang of morons.

3 Likes

I think you’ll find that while it’s easy to assume the US has a stranglehold on the ‘hold my beer’ class of tomfoolery, there are plenty of folks in other countries getting up to very similar shenanigans.

10 Likes

Australia springs to mind, for some reason.

6 Likes

Is that guy at the end holding his phone up to keep it from getting wet, or (like I suspect) he needs to film every moment of what could have been his untimely death?

“Look honey, I almost died!”

“Well, I guess next time try harder.”

6 Likes