This "Karen" Halloween mask will have every manager cowering in fear

Maybe if they weren’t actively trying to get black people killed on a regular basis… But that’s what these women are doing. It’s not misogyny to say these women are engaged in ugly actions that endanger people, it’s the truth.

4 Likes

Misogyny isn’t something that can be avoided. Anger towards women will often take a misogynistic turn. Maybe always. But sometimes anger is justified. So people are going to be angry. And the way anger looks towards women looks the same from the outside whether it is or isn’t justified.

2 Likes

I don’t think that calling out women who are engaging in a dangerous, violent, and murderous form of racism is misogynistic. :woman_shrugging: It’s like saying that it’s misogynistic to condemn the hateful things that JK Rowling has been saying.

5 Likes

That’s not what I’m trying to say. But at the same time I’m trying to explain that women are always going to be shamed in misogynistic terms to some degree because misogyny already is the language of showing anger and contempt towards some one identified as a woman.

I don’t necessarily think that the fact that something can be misogynistic means that it is inherently unjustified though. Avoiding misogyny is a poor excuse for refusing to accept justified anger.

Meh I don’t know if I’m putting that well enough or maybe trying to draw a distinction that doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Sure, but people only call this misogynistic when it’s going after racist white women.

3 Likes

Probably because they don’t give a shit about women really and are just using facetious arguments to shut down discussion on the harm done by racist white women buuuut I try sometimes to engage with people as if that wasnt the default. I don’t even know why honestly… It’s often disappointing.

1 Like

Indeed. They don’t care about harm done to women, but only to “their” women.

Indeed.

3 Likes

Precisely; they never seem to give a happy fuck about misogyny any other time, especially when it’s directed at women who aren’t White.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Sympathy for the Karens

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.