This "Karen" Halloween mask will have every manager cowering in fear

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/29/this-karen-halloween-mask.html

4 Likes

And no one will ever believe it is a mask, since Karens can’t wear masks for medical reasons.

39 Likes

Nailed it;

9 Likes

Personally, I find it a little incongruous in that most of the Karens I’ve seen are not really ugly on the outside; you find the true horror in their pitch-black souls.

18 Likes

seems like great fodder for the boing boing store and community.

3 Likes

Some are ugly both inside and out. This one ironically owns a cosmetics company:

And lest you think I’m being unfair, even in pics where her hair and makeup is professionally done, the unattractiveness still shows through:

Beauty is ephemeral and only skin deep… but ugly lasts and goes all the way down to the bone.

17 Likes

Yeah, it’s all about the eyes, the windows into the soul: in this case, a dark, shrivelled mean little husk.

11 Likes

Needs a pointing finger.

1 Like

Is by any chance her husband called Eddie?

9 Likes

I’m starting to feel a little bad about demonizing (semiliterally) women who are, through no fault of their own named Karen. Can we back off a bit?

But don’t get me started about Susan? Am I right?

2 Likes

Ftfy.

1 Like

The hair is on point. Not so much the teeth. Karen’s tend to have perfect teeth.

5 Likes
Oh please...

5 Likes

At first I thought that was Richard D. James for a second. Which made me think of an Aphex Twin video full of Karens.

3 Likes

Think how people named ‘Felicia’ and ‘Dick’ must feel.

5 Likes

What’s up with that woman’s eyebrows? If she’s cosplaying a Vulcan, that doesn’t work; there’s no logic here…

2 Likes

Eddie’s a good chap. Don’t lump him in with the Karens.

\m/

3 Likes

I dunno, I can’t seem to shake the faint whiff of misogyny here. Maybe someone needs to add a Chad mask for symmetry?

1 Like

faint whiff? the whole Karen thing has become an excuse for rampant misogyny. This mask is basically “hey look at this ugly woman”. Nice work BB.

This woman is exactly who I envisioned when I read the words, “Scary Karen.” That evil, condescending little smile. Ugh. As with all Karens, it’s that hate boiling beneath the surface.