This machine washable silicone dishwand replaced my sponge one

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/04/this-machine-washable-silicone.html

For what it is worth: Soaking wet sponge in a bowl with a bit of extra water, microwave for 2 mins = sterile sponge. I do it once a week and try and keep it dry between uses.

3 Likes

Much like my yogurt, I’m not sure I really want my sponge to be sterile. Moldy and gross, obviously not, but some level of local bacteria is probably good for me as long as I have a healthy immune system.

Besides I can’t see this thing doing much aganist dried on egg unless my soap of choice has pumice in it.

5 Likes

It doesn’t look super durable.

2 Likes

OCD + Marketing.

Looking forward to the social media’s rediscovery/rebirth of the sponge in 18 months.

“10 reasons you need to use a sponge the next time you…”

2 Likes

“I no longer pine for my Scotchbrite dishwand.”

How do you feel about Pine-Sol?

1 Like

He’s no longer a True Scotsman for it?

1 Like

Except for Chryseobacterium hominis and Moraxella osloensis, apparently.

1 Like

I’m a bristle brush guy, myself

1 Like

Be sure to check out SpongeBath.com This device kills 99.99% of odor-causing bacteria in your sponges. Soaking them or microwaving has not been proven to work. This American-made device has been 3rd party tested and proven. The kit is $39 and comes with a 2 month supply of their safe, natural cleaning solution. Free shipping.

Yes, I do PR work for the company but only because I’m obsessed with the product. My husband never let me have a sponge in the house until now. The amount of paper towels we went through was really embarrassing and bad.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.