Silicone whisks are easy to clean

[Read the post]

1 Like

I hate silicone kitchen tools. They pull grease and dirt out of the air the instant they are cleaned, are impossible to keep clean.

Who wants a whisk that wont beat?

11 Likes

You beat me to it.

4 Likes

" I avoided using my wire whisks because the cleaning was always a bit more trouble than I cared for."

Yeah, putting them in the dishwasher is a bitch.

3 Likes

Exactly. Especially since the example given is using them for raw eggs. A simple rinse-off with hot water isn’t going to get silicone any cleaner or microbe-free than stainless steel.

I never have those problems with square silicone potholders, but then again they rarely touch food, so they’re subject to a lower standard of cleanliness.

I think there’s different qualities of silicone used, depending on manufacturer (and country?). I’ve seen what @seyo is reporting, but those few tools were moved on from my kitchen because they weren’t worth keeping. Good quality silicone doesn’t do that.

Pfft, I prefer my turn of the century Bethesda cast iron whisks. Sure, they weigh 13 pounds each, but they are perfectly seasoned.

2 Likes

Only cast iron whisks made from 1902-1907 in Ohio count.

5 Likes

I only use artisinal whisks constructed from the phalanges of my vanquished enemies.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.