This McDonald's "Warmest Greetings" cup is overflowing with the spirit of Christmas 2016

Degenerates…

3 Likes

Somewhere a graphic designer is laughing her ass off over the one she slipped past corporate.

19 Likes

Yeah, I like that scenario better.

9 Likes

Two Clowns, One Cup.

7 Likes

Nonsense, now everyone will be buying McD’s coffee so they can get the magic diarrhea cups! It’s collectible!

9 Likes

[googles gingerly]

11 Likes

This reminds me. I’ve got to run.

7 Likes

They had one of those vanilla/chocolate frozen yogurt dispensers at work. Usually there was a thing on the nozzle that gave the extruded treat a nice swirly effect. Once they left it off after cleaning or something. On the chocolate outlet, natch. Totally gross.

Yogurt was good though. Edy’s.

2 Likes

Then they work the wall
'N work the floor
'N work the pipe
'N work the wall some more
In Serious Leather
In Serious Chains
In Serious Clothing
From when they come downtown
From the ruins of Studio 54
To twist 'n frugg
In an arrogant gesture
To the best of what the 20th Century has
to offer, at the MUDD CLUB

2 Likes

i HOPE that’s what happened. but this still makes me sadly sigh.

1 Like

This looks like the job of many meetings and boomers explaining “no, I wants the mittens to be touching - not shaking hands! We can get the same effect of unity while saving 0.003 cents per cup on the ink needed for the detail. Try. Again.”

Then when the final product is “finished” (i.e. the deadline is near and the crusty business expert is out of the office) the final meeting approves the objectively terrible image and the designer sits on their hands when they just now notice that the slow iterations from the original have resulted in a near-goatse.

7 Likes

I think I preferred the cookie story.

1 Like

Rick Santorum? Is that you?

9 Likes

Corporate efficiency at its finest: why have two girls, if one cup can do the trick.

3 Likes

Needs more froth.

3 Likes

Gah. Needs a unicorn chaser.

1 Like

Here ya go… I think.

11 Likes

Funny - vaguely aware of Land o Lakes (American commercials, don’t think the product is sold here in Canada) - never heard of the trick until saw mentioned in a book about a week ago. Anyone know the Eat-More wrapper trick?

No, and Google’s no help…

Is the joke around “Eat more?” Is this like the sticker that the Texas Restaurant Association used to give to its members?

4 Likes

Canadian candy bar - bit lame, but you can fold it in to read Eat-Me

3 Likes