This mornings tweet: Obama wiretapped Trump tower

I hope you’re shots are up to date. Walking through sewage isn’t healthy.

19 Likes

Yup.

And sexism, homophobia, xenophobia…

7 Likes

A president unhinged.

7 Likes

At least people are fact checking his representatives’ claims in real time now.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I was searching fo an appropriate gif response, and found this instead

9 Likes

I think what this whole incident highlights is that Trump doesn’t understand the difference between being the president and playing one on TV. From any other president, we’d all be taking this as a serious charge. But instead, we all know that he doesn’t understand the power that his word holds and is acting as if he were just sending out a tweet as a regular citizen, the kind of citizen who is really into Rush Limbaugh, instead of the kind of citizen who actually holds the nuclear launch codes.

12 Likes

Fun fact: you’re not supposed to use sharp utensils on teflon, because they can scratch the ‘stick-free’ surface which will then peel off.

As the original “Teflon Don” found out, eventually:

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/06/25/nyregion/gotti-begins-life-sentence-at-prison-in-illinois.html

6 Likes

Beau Willimon, the former show runner of House of Cards, shared his thoughts about why Twitter should delete Trump’s account. I’ve cut-and-pasted from Twitter so as not to spam the board.

Today’s tantrum is just the latest example of why @realDonaldTrump & @POTUS must be removed from Twitter. Here’s my full argument… only one person on Twitter is President of the United States. That comes with a supreme and unique responsibility unlike any other user. What the President tweets has real and significant impact on the business of governance, world affairs and national security. President Trump has consistently made misleading claims, attacked the judiciary and threatened sovereign states, the press & public. His tweets recklessly bypass diplomatic channels without consultation from the State Department, IC or the Pentagon. Even as a private citizen it is arguable that he has violated Twitter rules regarding violent threats, harassment and hateful conduct. Certainly in the unique position of @POTUS the repercussions and intimations his tweets cross these lines. Today’s outburst is broadcasting to foreign leaders his continuing impulsiveness, recklessness, delusion & ignorance about gov’t. That makes @RealDonaldTrump’s tweets a national security threat. It emboldens our enemies to take advantage of his flagrant shortcomings.

For those who would argue that the removal of his account is a violation of free speech, consider this… The WH has retaliated against the press by selectively locking them out, called them “the enemy of the people” & ignored hard questions. But with his behavior on this service, Trump makes the argument for himself being a liability to the people. The President is free to say whatever he wants, and has many of ways of doing so, but no private company owes him an outlet. While you cannot prevent the President from saying reckless things elsewhere, Twitter is not obligated to facilitate that here. In fact, with your worldwide reach & impact on the media, you have a duty to steer clear of accounts facilitating nat’l security threats. Twitter is amazing. It connects the world. That comes with its own responsibility: to do your part in protecting that world.

21 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Those around me are doubling (tripling? quintupling?) down on the Donald. It’s more mind-blowing than the election.

4 Likes

Hey, whatever it takes to distract the House from trying for the hundredteenth time to repeal the ACA. Benghazi!!!1111!!!11

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve often wondered what sort of guts it would take for Twitter execs to delete his account (and I agree that his lies and abusive Tweets merit a deletion).

6 Likes

For Silicon Valley executive circles to be less of a libertarian hell-hole I’d imagine.

3 Likes

Eww. You have my sympathies.

7 Likes

Tapped without a warrant, by specific order of the former president?

Dubious.

Tapped for some other legitimate reason?

His Unfitness is a career con artist and comic-book supervillain, after all.

9 Likes

While you’re there, drop the rumor that they were looking for Hillary’s emails.

2 Likes

What in the actual fuck is going on in that gif? I have to know!

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Whether on Twitter or not, tRump risks the security of this country.

1 Like