This new 'The Matrix Resurrections' trailer is dark and wet

Originally published at: This new 'The Matrix Resurrections' trailer is dark and wet | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I love the idea of a tech support person in a higher plane of reality asking “have you tried turning it off and on again?”

20 Likes

So, the rulers of the Matrix Universe were the guys from It Crowd?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

11 Likes

Go to Plan B.

7 Likes

dark and wet, like my coffee.

5 Likes

So, it says

“ONLY IN CINEMAS”

and then about 3 seconds later it says

“Own it on digital
Watch it instantly”.

Should I take that to mean it won’t be on streaming services, just in theaters and buy/download? I am trying to understand how that makes any sense at all.

EDIT: I just realized the second part was about the Matrix Trilogy. So no streaming at all? What gives?

1 Like

The plot twist: Neo was actually the black kitten in the beginning of the trailer.

3 Likes

Uhm, spoilers!? :joy:

2 Likes

This new ‘The Matrix Resurrections’ trailer is dark and wet.

I love that Prince song!

I keep forgetting this is coming out. I hope it is good.

3 Likes

I hope White Rabbit was used only for the trailer, seems a bit dated and cheezy (read: too easy) for the film.

1 Like

Is it hot too?

No, iced coffee today, we are having a Santa Ana winds.

2 Likes

i kind of admire the producers using the plot mechanic of a literal reboot to this 22 year old franchise reboot.

The trailer was sultry.

2 Likes

“Yeah, mynock. That’s what I thought”

1 Like

The trailer says: “Only in cinemas.”

But the HBO Max website says: “In theaters & streaming exclusively on HBO Max December 22”

I don’t get it.

1 Like

You have to wait until December 22 to get it… :grinning:

2 Likes

You can’t just “reboot” the Matrix!
It’s been offline since 2003, and back then it was probably all running on traditional hard-discs, and those things don’t take kindly to being left switched off for 18 years. Someone’s going to have to go round gently tapping them with a forceful screwdriver to un-stick the heads, and then you’ll still have to cross your fingers and hope that none of the capacitors in the power supply have dried out.
No, I think the safest way would be to carefully dismantle the whole thing, and try copying the information off each disc individually, and then mount them in a virtual machine. It’s that or go looking for new-old stock on eBay.

/s

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.