The trailer for the new 'The Matrix' movie is here

Originally published at: The trailer for the new 'The Matrix' movie is here | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I mean, I’ll watch it. Looks entertaining at the very least.

16 Likes

i had zero interest in a new Matrix movie until i watched this trailer.

29 Likes

I don’t know. Looking at some of the shots in some scenes it almost looks like TV show rather than a movie, especially some brightly lit city night scenes. I find myself somewhat less excited, but i know i’ll watch it anyway… for these kinds of movies i find it best to keep expectations pretty low so that i’ll enjoy it that much more if its actually good.

8 Likes

Is that Dr Horrible as Neo’s doctor?

18 Likes

So, is Sophia Stewart getting her cut, I hope?

1 Like

John Wick meets The Matrix?

I’ll watch.

9 Likes
  1. The Matrix (1999)
  2. The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
  3. The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
  4. The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

so the next one will require an even longer ‘R’ word? (Rumpelstiltskin? ruthlessnesses? rambunctiousnesses? ah… here tis: revivifications)

24 Likes

Reverrrrrberations?

12 Likes

barack obama potus GIF by Obama

The world has truly been shitty for the past couple of years, folks… maybe just… enjoy something that will at least probably be fun?

26 Likes

If they used compound German words the sky is the limit

9 Likes

Yeah I get that feeling too… the Wachowski aesthetic seems to always include some slight chintzy quality. Where the original Matrix is fairly cyberpunk (there is some chintz in there if you look for it)… everything they’ve done after kind of feels like it strays more into cybergoth, which is a bit campy.

2 Likes

I appreciated the Matrix movies a lot more after listening to the Wachowski miniseries on the Blank Check podcast. But then, I’ve always enjoyed hearing about/talking about the Matrix movies more than actually watching them. I do really want to watch Speed Racer and Jupiter Ascending now, tho…

4 Likes

The trailer looks like a reboot/remake of the original movie. Please, oh please, don’t be a reboot/remake of the original movie!

3 Likes

:: giggles madly :: Yes. Yes, It Is.

The use of “White Rabbit” in the teaser was also quite appropriate, given the franchise’s history of mind-fuckery. :smiley:

Same here; the phrase “try to not live up to my expectations” is very valid for anything that takes a franchise that you thought was definitely ended and brings it back to life (or a semblance thereof). :: points to the terminator franchise as an example, which in my head canon ended with the third movie ::

11 Likes

Some of you watch trailers on your phones or tablets. Some on your laptops, some on your desktops.

I watch in my studio, with a 6.1 surround system and 15" subwoofer.

And I’ve been listening to the White Rabbit remix over and over and over. It absolutely kicks ass.

I love the way they stretch out the verses, to make space for the movie’s dialog. And it builds to such a peak that I can imagine Grace Slick laughing for joy, raising her arms in the air.

Just this music alone has me all in. I’m sold, give me the red pill, I want my E ticket ride. Woohoo!

[sorry for the mixed metaphors, but what the hell.]

22 Likes

I always wondered why in the Matrix sequels no one ever questions whether they are still in the matrix. I sort of get the decision, that there was a different story they wanted to tell, but there’s not even a hint of doubt for the people outside the matrix. Looks like this new movie is either a full-on reboot or some iteration of that dilemma.

While I’m not blown away by the trailer, at least Keanu and Carrie-Ann look great and it’s lovely to see them on screen together again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep I’m thinking IMAX.

5 Likes

I didn’t even know there was going to be another one. Then I saw this post and thought “meh.” Then I saw the trailer and thought “Yeah… sure… I’ll go.” Does look fun, and love the choice of music for the trailer.

5 Likes

not even that- Neo literally follows a white rabbit (tattoo) to the club where he meets Trinity in the first film.

10 Likes