The trailer for the new 'The Matrix' movie is here

Between this and Dune, I might have to give HBO’s streaming service a shot. Is it any good?

4 Likes

yeah, pretty much my experience, too. the use of White Rabbit in particular really works for me.

4 Likes

Ummm. It works. Browsing is a bit of a pain in the ass. And the selection is surprisingly limited given all that they own, apparently a lot is tied up in previous agreements for other streaming platforms.

It doesn’t crash or spontaneously lose your spot like the old HBO platform did. And it’s got all your HBO stuff, a decent variety of older moves, all your DC stuff. But there are surprising gaps on newer shows and films outside of those. I don’t find myself using it often, but that’s probably down to right now’s drought on new content.

4 Likes

I like the way you think.

2 Likes

I’ve been mildly pleased with it. Some really good shows have cropped up there the last couple of years. The Watchman series and Lovecraft Country in particular. And I enjoy John Oliver’s show. They’re not the movie powerhouse they once were, but it’s a decent enough selection. They get the DC stuff before anyone else, and while I don’t generally much care for what DC has been putting out lately, they’re good enough (bad enough) for one of my Bad Movie Sunday binges while I’m doing laundry.

5 Likes

The Matrix Regurgitations

17 Likes

I wasn’t on board until I saw Doogie Houser’s socks…

18 Likes

I’m in, even though I’m cautious of sequel/reboot madness.

Probably streaming, though, unless covid miracles happen. Drive-in screens are too dark to watch dark movies.

5 Likes

Dammit, now I have to go back and rewatch the last one, because I can’t even remember how it ended.

6 Likes

Cool.

It looks different from the Matrix. Maybe there’s a visual conmtinuity that I’m missing because.

14 Likes

Rocks fall, everyone dies. Game over. Then they turned it off and back on again.

7 Likes

To be fair the 4th in the Alien series was Resurrection.

While I really liked that movie, I hope this 4th visit to the Matrix is received better than Ripley’s clone was.

3 Likes

Pretty accurate tbh

1 Like

I’m so hyped seriously.

hype train GIF

10 Likes

I dare you to point out a single frame of “cybergoth” in Speed Racer.

5 Likes

No Laurence Fishburne? No Hugo Weaving? I have a sad :frowning:

11 Likes

Nothing like making bad things bad on a huge scale!

Oooooh, a wise guy! Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk …

2 Likes

Note the yellow matrix coming up at the end.

I’m here for Lana completely mind fucking the red-pilled alt-right

7 Likes

Came in here to say the same thing. It even includes that Jefferson Airplane song (whose inclusion in trailers is usually kind of cliché). And yet… somehow… the trailer gave me chills and I’m excited to see it. The tone looks far more mature, so I’m glad to see it grow up with its audience. Honestly looking forward to it.

3 Likes