The trailer for the new 'The Matrix' movie is here

When white rabbit came on I was thinking to myself “oh I wish they’d done something with the isolated vocal track that’s around rather than the original” and then BAAAANG!

Fucking hell!

I was going to watch it anyway but if I wasn’t, that would have sold me right there.

2 Likes

I thought it was Barney Stinson from “How I Met Your Matrix.”

I watched a video discussing how Speed Racer completely threw out conventional editing, and, watching a few scenes from the film, I’m really interested in seeing the whole thing.

Like the Alien Franchise only had two films and Hie Hard stopped after three?

1 Like

It’s worth the watch on a big screen with Blu-Ray. Every frame is just gorgeous. The movie is a mess, with almost no plot, and shallow characters, but damn, is it beautiful to look at.

3 Likes

AKA Forrest Gump?

run discover GIF

3 Likes

Recombobulations

6 Likes

I personally believe it is the W’s best work to date. Truly pushing the limits of what cinema can provide. It’s got plenty of plot regardless of what others say.

1 Like

Still the best scene in the entire franchise.

29 Likes

I don’t remember much about what happened in the second and third Matrix movies.

But I remember everything that happened in the first one.

Let’s do it. Whatever man. It’s film. There’s a time to overthink and a time to just enjoy. Hal Hartley depends on it.

7 Likes

Just as long as they finally upgraded from XP.

3 Likes

That version of “White Rabbit”…
HFS!
Then, there’s the Eye Candy in the movie… but I would expect no less.

I had no idea another Matrix movie was in the works. I knew about “Dune”, but this is a surprise.
ETA:
The movie opens on 12.22.21
Cool!

2 Likes

On IMDB, it says “Written and Directed by Lana Wachowski.” Are the Wachowski Sisters not teaming up for this one? Have they ever not worked together on a movie before? Was there a falling out that I am unaware of?

10 Likes

Ranking the Wachowskis’ top five:

1 - Bound
2 - The Matrix
3 - Cloud Atlas
4 - V for Vendetta
5 - whichever of the rest you like best. I couldn’t decide because they all have fatal flaws for me, usually in story structure - which is ironic because it’s the story structure that elevates the top 2. Speed Racer is visually stunning but a mess, Jupiter Ascending has a great message but a repetitive plot, and the Matrix sequels still don’t work, even when considered as one long movie - granted the freeway chase scene is awesome, but the movies are otherwise forgettable.

Bound and The Matrix, though, are perfect films.

4 Likes

Nah, it’d have been called The The Matrix.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Technically they only officially wrote and produced V for Vendetta so I cant consider it one of their films compared to their directoral work.

And Speed Racer a mess? Its got a nontraditional story flow to it for sure but I would hardly consider a cubist film to be a mess.

1 Like

You’re right, I forgot they didn’t direct V.

I’ll have give Speed Racer a rewatch. I haven’t seen it since release, and honestly the thing that bugged me about it most was the Hot Wheels race tracks, which were not at all like the anime.

Maybe the premise is that this is just a different build of The Matrix than the one we saw in the original, like when software developers fork an open source OS.

Clearly this release is more stable because it lasted a couple decades longer than the other release before hitting a critical system crash. You gotta install those AntiSmith software updates on a regular basis.

5 Likes
3 Likes

iMatrix.

1 Like