This Oregon travel video looks like a Studio Ghibli cartoon

Previously on BoingBoing…

If wasn’t just yesterday I wouldn’t mind this being a repeat as it is pretty cool.

10 Likes

Or rather, simultaneously! :wink:

3 Likes

Check out the side-by-side comparison with the real places:

6 Likes

They included the Rose Festival dragon boats! I’m cap’n of my company’s team. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I read “Oregon Trail”. Now I want to see Oregon Trail with Studio Ghibli graphics. Who knew that dysentery could be adorable!

8 Likes

At least this time we got the credits of who did it.

Still want giant ridable rabbit.

7 Likes

Rabbitbus! :smiley:

9 Likes

Pretty cool, but not even a single tree stump?

2 Likes

Now I want to see this but with all the ways unregulated capitalism and corruption would alter it.

A beautiful and tragic dystopia

1 Like

Well that’s a minute and a half of my life I won’t get back … and I couldn’t be more delighted!

3 Likes

Love it, shared it with my family last night.

The second still above looks to me like a particularly specific homage to My Neighbor Totoro; it’s framed very much like the opening scene where the family is driving to their new house.

3 Likes

The vintage Fiat 500 is a nice touch.

2 Likes

If he’s not reading BoingBoing, he’s missing out.

That was covered in the other post’s comments. Apparently Oregon is mostly stumps.

2 Likes

Those were the tree of white supremacy and they had to go.

I for one approve our new Travel Overlord Collaboration with GHIBILI and MADhouse and possibly GAINAX. (And the AirBnB needs me to know where the Tanuki distraction devices are about the place.)

3 Likes

Isn’t Oregon home to Laika studios?

Was this ad locally sourced?

(sorry, my sister in law lives in Portland, and could be a character from Portlandia, so I’ve got to vent when I can…)

1 Like

They went the diversity route, it looks like, going with an international team.

1 Like

Bonus if it has Fred Armisen

Fred Armisen has the hands-down best Finding Your Roots episode ever.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.