This otherworldly Jetsons home is for sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Originally published at: This otherworldly Jetsons home is for sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Translated: You need to throw a lot of money into this.

6 Likes

You lost me at ‘Oklahoma’.

15 Likes

Cabinets and trim work, pure Oklahoma crude. Who makes a statement like that then trashes the interior?

7 Likes

Those windows signal that it’s probably an oven in the summertime.

10 Likes

ezgif-3-a060a82d71

6 Likes

Was thinking they’d make it easier to see a twister coming…or to experience a shower of flying glass. :grimacing: I’m wondering if that laundry room is below grade and storm proof! :thinking:
:running_woman:t4::tornado:

4 Likes

If you’re going to have pictures of a property, perhaps try to chose ones without so much mold? The collapsed ceiling tiles are an interesting touch. The water heater sitting just in front of and to the left of the toilet was also unique.

“A fixer upper” would be charitable.

4 Likes

Oh, so very same.

1 Like

Lotsa people. How’d ya like those hideous commercial doors to the balcony with the equally hideous, commercial AF-lookin’ surround?

Some folks even gut sexy old Victorians despite their interior health and functionality, put in recessed lighting, destroy perfectly good walls made with Actual Plaster to make an “open floor plan,” get rid of the cast iron claw foot bathtubs they don’t hafta bend their knees in etc. Every day there are fewer and fewer genuine, sexy old houses, but some ppl wanna fuck up the ones still standing. tophat-cry

I could only watch part of the vid - I began getting seasick pain23 w HELP sign tophat-biggrin Sounds like I didn’t miss much. tophat-shrug

2 Likes

At least the buyer will be ready to be perched above the wasteland below that seems to be on its way.

The Jetsons/The Flintstones | Fan Theories Wiki | Fandom.

It is believed that a nuclear war occurred hundreds of years prior to the Flintstones , and that the characters from the Flintstones were all that remained of a war-torn world. It is also believed that after this catastrophic war, many people evacuated from the Earth, and built houses in the air.

4 Likes

Wow, there is substantial water damage all over the place. The floor along the windows especially. There are serious sealing problems with those windows and that roof, I bet. This thing is a money pit nightmare.

4 Likes

The display room carpentry shoe horned into someones futuristic fantasy house/home is the biggest mystery for me. The everyday shiny brushed metal appliances in the kitchen mock the cabinetry that holds them there.

Hold on Will Robinson… this is existing in the present, mold ridden and decaying, looking to the future with a space pod exterior but seemingly needing to have very solid wooden cabinetry!

So many stories here.

Yep, I’d buy it… gut the top and turn the garage into one of the main livable spaces.

2 Likes

And Plan B if the elevator (or power) fails are those aluminum ladders tied to the wall of the shaft?

Oh hell no.

eta: A workshop on the garage level, maybe, but there’s going to be so much mold behind the walls and ceilings, and floors… Was this place left vacant with the power off for a while?

3 Likes

Worst DOOM level ever!

2 Likes

Never played, just watched a friend play for a few minutes, and yr description is most apt.
Sanders Get me out of here i need to leave

1 Like

Oklahoma...Oklahoma...Oklahoma

Must not be all that bad there‽

“At Globex, we don’t believe in walls.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.