This polygon sculpture is actually a Bluetooth speaker like no other

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/this-polygon-sculpture-is-actu.html

Pretty much had to figure it wouldn’t be inexpensive. But then, I also can’t afford $27,000 for a private room on a plane.

3 Likes

Is that product photo an example of forced perspective?

product_34035_product_shots5

6 Likes

… … can I buy some pot from you?

1 Like

A product so good that we can only see cgi versions off it, or peoples reaction too it, if you dont want me to see what i am buying thats normally a sign its crap and i should not be buying it…

5 Likes

I intended to write something cleverly ironic.

But after watching the video, sincerity wins out. This is about the most dumbass product and marketing bs I have ever seen.

10 Likes

Wow, this is… just really ugly ?

6 Likes

art directors appear to have been stan lee and jack kirby.

4 Likes

This isn’t as good as my 2006 Transformers Dancing Bumblebee Speaker.

5 Likes

The new herald of Galactus is not so impressive.

5 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with that design that can’t be fixed with the judicious application of a hacksaw.

2 Likes

download

Also, is this some kind of a joke?

2 Likes

Also:

Polygonal homunculi were totally cutting edge in 1983.

3 Likes

My parents and teachers always tried to get me to take art classes and experiment with different media and different subjects. I was terrible in all of them, I only really liked drawing cartoon of cars, jets, beasts, superheroes, ninjas, etc… I would always just get bored an figure out a way to make a knight or a spaceship out of whatever the assignment was. what if I do a coil pot…being carried by a muscly dude?! What is this was a pointalist…orc battle?! Whoever designed this product seems like they were stuck in a similar situation.

2 Likes

It comes with 16 million colors, right out of the box. I wonder how many musical notes are included?

ALL THE NOTES!

Marvel called:

They want their Silver Surfer back.

Marvel legal will be in touch. First I’ve heard of Crystar.

When the product can’t sell itself… marketing ‘geniuses’ skitter in.

Ever since watching the movie Demon Seed, I’ve had an aversion to having large polygonal items in the house.

demonseed

No, those are just the world’s smallest skateboarders

1 Like