This stylish vaporizer will have you 'lighting up' in no time flat

Just wait 'til they re-master Reign in Blood. That should do it.

2 Likes

The exact vibe I got from the title of this one:

6 Likes

Speaking of vapes… hey @GulliverFoyle, are you still down with the Pax 2? My Fez is dead and there’s some extra money in the budget this month.

1 Like

I personally haven’t found another that’s as all around convenient, reliable, effective, consistent heating with the vapor coming out at a pleasant temperature. I really like the minimalist industrial design and the fact that it’s pretty inconspicuous. The one thing that needs work on it is the maintenance cycle. I think just because it’s so small, the screen seems to need to be cleaned off more often or you end up having to work too hard for the draw. For me, who only uses it a few times a week, that translates to cleaning off the screen once a week when I clean the other stuff in my everyday carry like my pocket knife, so it’s not a big hindrance. If you’re using it a few times a day, you’ll want to brush out the screen daily or keep a couple extra (fortunately they’re cheap) around. Battery life is quite respectable for the size (I get about an hour to an hour and a half depending on whether I turn it off in between uses (and therefore make it have to reheat). It takes a few hours to charge, but the magnetic charging dock is really easy and I just “plug” it in next to my phone when I go to bed.

That said, the draw resistance is still much less encumbering than the original Pax, but not as easy as the Fez. Mainly I think this is down to airflow. It’s just smaller, needs to be tamped tighter and doesn’t hold as much. I find myself using a very fine grind in it to maximize surface area contact with the steam.

The Fez also has a significantly more ergonomic mouthpiece. The main mouthpiece my Pax 2 came with wasn’t very comfortable to use, but it also came with a second one (which I think comes standard, but you’ll want to double check that). The second mouthpiece is better and more like the Fez, but not as long. I’m normally taking pretty brief draws from it, but if you want a bigger hit, it’s stumpy shape means you’ll need to take a slightly longer draw to get the same amount of vapor as you’d get from the Fez in a shorter draw. I personally don’t think it’s a coincidence that Pax abandoned the stupid little retractable straw in the original for a mouthpiece more like the Fez.

While I think the Pax 2 is the best pocket vape I’ve used, it isn’t perfect and it’s a bit overpriced IMO. If they were selling it at the same price they sold the original Pax, I’d consider it a bargain, but at $250 to $280 it’s a bit pricey even for what it is.

ETA: I don’t know what their warranty service process is like, since mine hasn’t broken in the year and half I’ve had it, but it comes with a 10 year warranty. Given what it cost, if it does die, I’ll be testing that warranty.

2 Likes

I guess endorsements for designer coke spoons are out of the question then.

1 Like

Yeah, the price is my main gripe. I doubt I’d get enough use out of it to justify the cost.

I want to like the Fez, but their lack of responsiveness has left me with a bad feeling. I’ll let you know if they get back to me about a warranty repair or return.

1 Like

My Aunt has a Fez. I’ll ask her if she’s had any warranty issues.

I’ve heard positive things from people who’ve dealt with warranty work with Pax, but I haven’t experienced it myself. If they really honor that 10 year warranty, that’s the one thing that makes me feel a bit better about how much I paid. I figure at the very least the battery will eventually wear out.

1 Like

Pop top off empty Sudafed spray, titrate alkaloid salt of choice to to your required dosage, reseal and spray. Can’t beat it. Bad Sudafed! Convenient AND stealthy!
(for good coke, I’d recommend 2-2.5ml/g. YMMV)

4 Likes

I did get a response from Fez. I can get a refurbed warranty replacement for free but I have to pay shipping both ways. Sending it in today.

1 Like

I don’t wanna pay $250 for a thing. $100 seems reasonable.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my gripe too. Now that I’m getting a replacement for the Fez, I guess I’ll skip the Pax 2 for now. I’ve already got a pretty nice tabletop vaporizer (Arizer Extreme Q) so the other one is just for when I’m traveling and/or don’t want to sit out in my man-tent.

1 Like

I’ve been tempted by the one highlighted in this “article” since it is $99 and my old one is getting long in the tooth.

2 Likes

As someone who has recently “got into crystals,” I fully support this notion.

I heard it might have different modes, including the game of Simon. You didn’t even mention Simon. And how you can get it to play the part of the song Funky Town through its embedded speaker when you turn it on, if you beat Simon. I know this all through what I read on the internet.

My Fez exploded when the battery went tits up. I shant be using that product again - there were glitches in the firmware (ie: repeatable defects in charging cycles - right where you don’t want to have problems) it just came across as cheaply built and poorly tested. Like there was a sudden spike in sales and they went with a new manufacturer…

I’ll be trying the Pax 2 next time I’m at bat.

Edit: Just to add there is a commercial for the Pax 2 in an episode of Broad City

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.