[Read the post]

Can you put weed in it?

[note attempt at humor]

7 Likes

Finally, a product that goes well with the Boing Boing Store ad copy styleā€¦

5 Likes

Put weed in a Hippie? Surely you jest!

6 Likes

Vapourizing hippies? Isnā€™t that a little intolerant? I mean, sure, patchouli stinks, but stillā€¦

19 Likes

I donā€™t understand vaping, or how to use these, or why you would even want to.

to quote a famous wise man: I used to be with it, until they changed what it was. Now what I am with isnā€™t it and what is it seems weird and scary to me. Itā€™ll happen to you!

5 Likes

This could have been written by any of the BoingBoing staff!

Where ā€œitā€ means ā€œyouā€, again.

So by nowā€¦ Iā€™m suspecting the hand of Doctorow*.

Or perhaps the British Hobbit?

* not to be confused with the Hand of Doctorow ā€“ which is David ā€œthe Enforcerā€ Pescovitz.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s several reasons for using a vaporizer - of whatever type; there are many - to consume weed (or w/e herbal concoction):

• Stealth. Less giveaway odor, no flaring lighter or match, and much more concealability. This does, of course, also depend on what type of vape you use.
  • Less impact on the lungs (thereā€™s NO smoke).
  • For vape ā€œpensā€, like this one, simple convenience.
  • MUCH more efficient use of of any given amount of flower/concentrate (some vapes can only do one or the other). You get far more actual THC from the same source, than you would by burning it.

Thereā€™s also a world of difference between ā€œtrueā€ vaporizers that use heat to vaporize THC from a given source, and the (usually disposable) fluid-cartridge models, a la nicotine vapes.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Here is a study outlining some answers to your questions, regarding the device I use for home use: Evaluation of a vaporizing device (Volcano) for the pulmonary administration of tetrahydrocannabinol.

The [vaporizer] was validated for the efļ¬cient and reproducible delivery of delta-9-THC,and was found to be able to deliver an average amount of about 54% of applied dose of THC into the balloon for inhalation. THC recoveries from smoke was found to range from 34% to 69% in a variety of studies using different types of smoking procedures. Because the plant material is not burned in the Volcano, no signiļ¬cant harmful cancer causing combustion products are expected and the noxious intake, when compared to smoking, is greatly reduced. Using the Volcano device for pulmonary administration of THC, a delivery is reached that is comparable to smoking, but without the presence of degradation products or harmful byproducts in signiļ¬cant amounts.

4 Likes

ahh, i see. seems so much more complicated than a one-hitter or a joint, but i can see the appeal.

Not really that much more complicated. But the payoffs of not coughing and hacking for hours on end far out weigh any extra inconvenience.

Also, you can reuse the vaporized plant matter into edibles. Double use of your flowers.

1 Like

well, the coughing and hacking and the general risk of lung cancer were why i quit smoking in general decades ago, tbh. this has all been quite educational. thanks : )

2 Likes

Thereā€™s also the matter of taste. Vaping simply tastes amazing, compared to smoking.

5 Likes

so as an ex-punk rocker I got a list of people to vaporize:

1. the hippies
  2. the cops
  3. nazi skins
  4. my folks
  5. the suits
  6. sell outs
    7, ex punk rockers.

I have got to get me one of these things.

5 Likes

8: Smokers
9: Vapers

1 Like

How does it compare with the Pax 2?

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a hippie vaporizer.

THIS is a hippie vaporizer!

6 Likes

That looks much tidier than the Hippie 1.0 Vaporizer

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not vaporizing. Thatā€™s seasoning.

12 Likes