This tape is perfect for any job that requires a non-slip or sticky surface in the home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/30/this-tape-is-perfect-for-any-j.html

Does anyone look at the Amazon reviews before posting these items? The last few have had a HUGE share of negative feedback. Why not recommend a product that has more than 50% good reviews ANYWHERE on the web?

4 Likes

Will it also be easy to remove, and leave no trace on the surface below?

If you leave it on for a while, the adhesive might damage the surface, the surrounding areas might be significantly darker because the strip or the adhesive might filter out a certain portion of the light, and/or prevent the normal wear and tear of the surface. That might be ok, but it’s something to think about before adding dick-shaped areas of non-slip tape to your wooden living room floor in your rented apartment.

1 Like

Hmmm… Sounds like someone might be speaking from experience of putting shapes under the rug… :grin:

OMG the person in the photo was wearing shoes with no socks! I’m traumatised, I tell you, traumatised. Where was the trigger warning for that, eh, BoingBoingShop?

Also, ‘Monkey Grip’? Who needs to grip a monkey? Why? Does it even work on monkeys? Sigh - it’s all too much for me.

2 Likes

I am quite famous for impersonating people who put shapes under the rug.

Uhm, no. There is no urban recycling program that accepts sticky tape for recycling. I think the word you’re looking for is “reused.”

Having slippery floors or vertical surfaces

So if one put this on the walls can they go full gecko?

2 Likes

You have slippery vertical surfaces? There’s an app for that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.