This temporary tattoo printer is even easier than those wet-and-press ones but so much cooler

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/07/this-temporary-tattoo-printer.html

… what?

2 Likes

She drew a heart face with stars but when she printed it on her arm it was a balloon. I think it’s broken.

7 Likes

I saw this thing in action back at CES. If I remember correctly, even without the cost of the ink, there’s a software-as-a-service business model requiring ongoing payments to do things like use your own custom designs.

4 Likes

Of course there is. ;-(

4 Likes

This ad copy seems a bit situationally clueless. Was it written a year ago? And recycled? Because it’s not appropriate for the current situation in the US.

7 Likes

Can’t I just do the same thing with a Sharpie?

7 Likes

This will up your drawing on drunk people game? Dunno.

8 Likes

Probably not for me, well in fact. Not for me. Interesting technology. I did cringe slightly when (@ 0.05 / 1:19) I saw numbers applied to human skin. Granted Holocaust tattoos numbers were on forearms and this video shows it on a leg, but maybe they should have used colorful letters and emoji’s rather than black numbers. Completely doubt it was intentional and maybe it is just me having spent time around tattooed survivors.

2 Likes

But how will you get the blockchain attached to the Sharpie? Blockchain is involved somewhere, right? If not, I’m out.

2 Likes

I heard a great turn of prhase: instead of saying “software as a service”, say “software as a hostage”.

4 Likes

I think it’s more like ‘user as a hostage’, to be honest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.