This TV commercial for Cherry Coke is peak 1980s

Funny, I remember back when Tab was still a (sorta) thing I took a flight from the US to Europe. They served canned Tab. Only the “A” of the logo was inverted so it read “Teb.” Apparently it was legit, not a knock-off. Someone told me that Tab was Teb in the Netherlands.

This commercial and your comment may have been the only wonderful thing I’ve seen on Boing Boing in months (though I blame the world for that more than the editors).

Are there any good mixed drinks made with cherry coke?

An idea: 1:1:1 kaluha:vodka:half-and-half. Splash of cherry coke. Call it a Pink Russian.

I want to see Joel and the robots riff on that.

SCTV made my favorite peak-80’s TV commercial: Poochare Dog Food Commercial - YouTube

5 Likes

The black waters of Yankee imperialism

The 1980’s commercial jingle that has been stuck in my head since it aired is this one, which someone has kindly set up on an hour long loop:

For real, I flash back to this any time I see a nestle product.

2 Likes

My introduction to Mr. Blow:

3 Likes

Yup, and the little saxophone trill for good measure. 35 yeeeeeaaaarrrrsss

Sounds like a question for How To Drink

The Dude abides!

1 Like

nonothatdoesn’thavecocainewhywouldyouthinkthatoksonowIhavetogohavesomecocacolathatmygrandpasavedfromthe1940s

When Cherry Coke came out, I was at the Boy Scout National Jamboree. I thought it was an East coast thing so I bought 6 cans to take home with me.

3 Likes

Love Max!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.