This two-year-old just became youngest American member of Mensa

I had an IQ test at a relatively young age. It was sometime in early elementary school and to get me into the gifted program. I don’t think that my parents would have done it otherwise but it served its purpose. As I remember, it involved a lot of shape manipulation and probably could have been done by someone pre-literate.

3 Likes

there’s a strange irony in an organization based on, well, statistical exceptionalism, embracing racism. what appeal would there be in a Certified Smart Person identifying with the lumpenproles of their own race?

nowadays when literally anyone can fairly easily discuss any subject they want online at a graduate level, Mensa seems pretty much obsolete. why filter on a statistical correlate when you can just uh go talk to people?

1 Like

I am shocked, shocked that an organization founded on the premise that its members are inherently and irrevocably superior to others would attract people who embrace racist ideas.

5 Likes

I took the same type of test for the same reason when I was six, but I remember there being a lot more back and forth conversation. They didn’t give an IQ score; it was just a matter of gifted or not, which makes sense.

1 Like

A lil short on personnel?

The only reason I can think of is checking to see if they are neurotypical or neurodiverse.

3 Likes

gotta put everybody in the proper category

2 Likes

Is this the Sanders Theater at Harvard? Because that would be doubly embarrassing.

1 Like

Kids these days are amazing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.