This two-year-old just became youngest American member of Mensa

Originally published at: This two-year-old just became youngest American member of Mensa | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Better get her vaccinated! Remember Baby Weems.

4 Likes

That video is click bait for Faux 11

2 Likes

“Yeah, but can you kick MY ass?!” - Chris Rock, on anti-intellectualism.

3 Likes

More evidence of the absurdity underlying this organisation. Unsurprisingly for a group that tends to attract eugenics fans and smirking “I’ve got mine, Jack” Libertarians, in the past several years it’s also become infiltrated by MAGAts.

35 Likes

So this one time, I went to an event in Sanders Theater and at one point in the show, the host gave the audience the instruction to “stand up and rotate clockwise when your group is called” . When it was the MENSA group’s turn, about half of the people turned in place toward their right shoulders, and the rest turned toward their left shoulders.

18 Likes

29 Likes

they should teach her what is comedy… and then

1 Like

How does one measure the IQ of a two year old?

9 Likes

Same way as they measure the IQ of anyone else, I suppose: with standardized test procedures that ultimately just measure the test-designers’ biased and subjective idea of what constitutes “intelligence.”

16 Likes

Aren’t these signs of … I dunno … typical human development?

12 Likes

Assholes need something to boost their morale I guess.

8 Likes

I know, no jokes about names, but on what Quest (with a capital Q) are the Quests?

I’m sorry. I’ll see myself out.

Just one more thing…

What was that middle thing?
Now, what was it about flattening the curve?

I know, I’m on a slippery slope here, told you I’ll see myself out…

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking of this and wondering about it. From the clips we can see that clearly the little girl has quite a memory, but is this equivalent to being high on the cognitive scale? I wonder what is in that IQ test for 2 year olds.

Also, what on earth can she do at a Mensa meeting? Other than being on display by her parents, I mean. Do they even have activities for two year olds?

7 Likes

On the one hand, you have the absurdity of organizations like MENSA and the idea of “measuring” intelligence (especially in a toddler), but on the other hand, it’s clear that this is a really smart kid, and that’s awesome.

2 Likes

I’m not questioning they have a really bright child and was great at bringing her up, but…

at the least they got a sweet marketing deal here,

…and I am concerned their school will eventually turn into a cult.

I’m getting founders of WeWork vibes here.

2 Likes

also, WHY does one measure the IQ of a two year old

8 Likes

Because they helped you jailbreak your phone?

13 Likes

Gotta know when you’re ready to leave them on top of the mountain.
I mean, I look for generative, empathetic logic for parties consisting of more than one Mommy, but if you can identify Madagascar by air, book you an LA Today!

7 Likes

My daughter recently turned three, goes to a run-of-the-mill daycare and can do most of these things or an equivalent. Should I get the media circus started?

1 Like