This video of cyber goths dancing underneath a bridge never gets old

Originally published at: This video of cyber goths dancing underneath a bridge never gets old | Boing Boing

6 Likes
23 Likes

Mad skills on display.

2 Likes

S’alright. Not as good as 90s rave to Benny Hill. Mom jeans at :36… sweet Jesus.

Is there anything not made better when synced to the Benny Hill theme?

13 Likes

The video dates back to 2011; it’s been a decade.

I like to imagine a bunch of these dancers have settled down in the suburbs, started a career in accounting, and blast hard house classics in their cars during the commute to the office.

10 Likes

No, you shutup!

/s well except for the blasting hard house in my car during my commute (we, in the before times)
No, I’m not one of the video people

9 Likes

“Let me sing you the song of my people.”

Lately I have been cranking up SHAÂRGHOT after importing some CDs from France.

3 Likes

Needs more Mariah

8 Likes

POLKA!!!1!

9 Likes

And in other news:

17 Likes

Wish I knew where that was. It kind of resembles the underpasses along the riverfront in Louisville, KY.

I feel it must be along some large river, at minimum.

Duesseldorf. Germany.

9 Likes

Sure enough. Google streets is a dead ringer.

1 Like

Or…as I recently learned the Australians might say about the Germans and their music…Doof-eldorf.

ETA: OOOOOO…Doof-doof-doof-eldorf.

Damon Wayans Dancing GIF

5 Likes

That made me smile! Yes, I’d love to come across something like this when I’m out on a run.

4 Likes

Same! I’d join in, too!

1 Like

“better”? I’m sure there are things. “funnier”? definitively not (up to, and including, a picture of a piece of toast, slowly rotating). yakkety sax + ~120% speed video = guaranteed funny.

Dancing unexpectedly will save the world.

3 Likes

I’ve actually been at a rave where the DJ played Yakkety Sax. They were playing gabber too, so there were a lot of people who look like the people in this video.

We never took ourselves too seriously. The time that the gabber DJs at the same club decided that they would have a disco night in another room, and persuaded the guest DJs who had flown in from the US and Netherlands to get involved was also a lot of fun.

Knowing the speed of the music at those raves, Yaketty Sax at +8 on the pitch control would be more accurate.

7 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but “Mom jeans” are back.

I live near a high school, and apparently the “Mom Jeans” that we all used to make fun of are back. And… it seems to be more of a thing than when bell bottoms made a brief and limited re-appearance back in the late 90’s.