This week's happiest cows galloped down a highway after escaping their farm

My family had about fifty cows and when they escaped, they had a blast. Wandering about, eating off of lawns and gardens. The interesting part was that 3 of us could go out on country roads, in dark or light, and round them up and send them back home. Tons of beef with thousands of possible escape routes and with waves and shouts, pretty soon they would head back home. By the time they got back to wherever they had breached the perimeter, they would be trotting, and to all appearances, in a great mood.

4 Likes

“What we’ve got here is failure to commoonicate…”

4 Likes

@Carla_Sinclair

Sorry to be the one to point out that what is happening here has a very dark side to it.

If these are dairy cows then they will be producing milk twice a day and if not milked then will be in extreme pain. This is why dairy cows will willingly go into a milking shed, to relieve discomfort. Locked into being part of the dairy process.

Being milking cows, to produce milk they would have had to have given birth and their calves would be taken away from them to be slaughtered, either dumped or sold as veal which ever is more economically more viable for the farmer. Had a chat to a farmer who was slaughtering beef for consumption but couldn’t stomach the sound of mother cows and calves screaming (as he put it) during the separation process in dairy production.

It is possible to buy ethical ‘cow friendly milk’ but of course this is so incredibly niche that few people would know it exists and why.

This is what Joaquin Phoenix was banging on about at the Oscars… something that every dairy farmer would know.

1 Like

Grace Jones “From the nipple to the bottle never satisfied… From the nipple to the bottle now the cow must die”

It’s a ‘long bow’ but for me I can hear this as the anthem for cows:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.