This wild VW Beetle knockoff is an EV called the Ora Punk Cat

That is hot. as. fuck!

3 Likes

Hell to the fucking yes. Everyone SHOULD sell EV’s, and Tesla should not be special. We are rapidly approaching a tipping point for EV’s to replace gas powered vehicles, don’t blink or you’ll miss it.

7 Likes

I do believe there are probably more Nissan Leafs on the road than Telsas (until recently, maybe). And GM threw down the gauntlet by saying that they’ll be entirely electric by 2035:

10 Likes

It’s electrifying.

10 Likes

season 5 new digs GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

7 Likes

Buy an eGolf.
Buy a used New Beetle
Combine them

1 Like

Unavailable for comment

10 Likes

Nope, Tesla has sold more model 3s - and certainly more of all their models - than the Leaf. Tesla’s managed to sell over 1.4 million cars at this point, which I think is great. I can’t afford one but seeing EVs out there is cheering.

3 Likes

Could be a little Tatra influence in there too, eh?

5 Likes

You…

Me…

Same.

2 Likes

It didn’t pass the Leaf until last year and the years prior to that, they were plagued with problems on delivering on the sales they did make. Plus, their factories are plagued by abusive labor practices and racism.

Also, Musk is a raging asshole.

9 Likes

Right on there!

4 Likes

Tesla could crash and burn, and with it all other car company’s EV plans. We may well be in another tech bubble.

Consider this: TSLA is the 8th biggest company in the world with a ~700 billion dollar market cap.

Yearly car sales are crazy in how they are going up, and Tesla’s are a tiny minority of them (less than 1%). No matter how you slice it, TSLA is valued far above all other car companies–worldwide–combined.

I can’t stress enough how insane all this is.

I am pretty wary of getting an EV as a result. It’ll be years before I’m ready anyways for a new car, so there’s plenty of time for the car industry to figure out how it’s going to be.

3 Likes

Which is why one of his cars is straight off my list when I finally get a new one in a year or so. (Stupid Prius got a free year of life thanks to COVID.)

I would want this car more if the model badge was prominent on the back of the car. PUNK CAT!!!

7 Likes
3 Likes

oh gawd! twice in one day - gotta go rinse my mouth

2 Likes

I like it. I don’t drive, but I’d buy one just to have it parked in the driveway.

I’m just kidding about buying one, but it is a cool looking car.

2 Likes

That’s so weird I love it! It’s two-toned, it’s not some drab boring monotone. The interior looks fun. And it sure doesn’t look like a clone of every other modern car. I wanna see the station wagon model (no suv,) maybe even a convertible. A Punk Cat with an optional tiger strip paint job or maybe calico could be fun… Fuck a bunch of boring transportation.

1 Like

Because AFAICT product management at VW is a bunch of mindless jerks who’ll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes?

Here, stupid Americans,[*] have an SUV.

[*] I actually do know not all Boingers are Americans, but I can only resent that which I have personal experience of.

1 Like

My first thought was some mad scientist had genetically mixed a VW Beetle with an IMac…

5 Likes