This YouTuber gives a fantastic lesson in beautifully trimming a full packer brisker

Originally published at: This YouTuber gives a fantastic lesson in beautifully trimming a full packer brisker | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Well that’s timely. I happen to be planning to try smoking a brisket in the next couple weeks. The last major bbq item I haven’t tried smoking yet as it’s an intimidating (and expensive, and huge) cut of meat to work with.

I’m suprised how much of the lean part he cut off. Im curious what he meant by sliceable for that. i.e. asthetics? or concern that its going to turn to shoe leather :thinking:.

2 Likes

He cuts off too much for a backyard brisket and is cutting for competition, probably. You want to cut off anything that is too thin to survive the 10-12hr cook on the flat/lean part of the brisket, but you don’t need to get down to a tiny football like he does.

The YouTuber is likely looking for 4 good slices of lean and some good burnt ends for a competition box and not feeding as many friends as possible.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.