Those paintings of every president hanging out together

Lincoln’s back is to us so you can’t see that he’s throwing up at the company he’s found himself in.

4 Likes

Incidentally, it looks like the kid is pointing at the first paragraph of Section 6 of the Constitution:

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States. They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

2 Likes

Every president?

1 Like

Well considering they’re all Republicans, they’re probably amused that their conning each other instead of the American public for once. :slight_smile:

Thank you. And the lady next to him is like, “ya I think the pre-birth Easter Exorcism line is over there…”

As for the OP image…wow…just…wow

But there’s hope yet:

2 Likes

The distorted Black-Hole-Sun-video-style mouths make sense if you assume they’re all in hell together.

1 Like

Obligatory
http://i1.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg

10 Likes

If you want awkward, try introducing George Washington to Obama.

2 Likes

Agree that it should be noted that they were 'shopped for entertainment purposes.

I still don’t like the originals though, and I’m actually going to classify this work as “tried too hard.” Maybe pulled out all of the stops during the most subtle and gentle movement. The body positions remind me of ‘new’ photographers I’ve seen who find that a lot of great photos have a ‘dynamic’ element such as visually interesting angles within the photo…and they start taking photos at awkward angles to mimic what they thought they saw. Or the whole selection process in works like these is like a all star cast turned into a flop: the artist forgot that the cast actually needs to work together naturally.

There was an episode of “Mary Shelley’s Frankenhole” where Dr. Frankenstein time travels with Thomas Jefferson to meet Barack Obama because Jefferson is insecure about his ability to sexually satisfy his slaves…

2 Likes

I always think of this genre as being launched by George Washington on a tricerotops, or am I wrong about that? Notice Robocop, Fonzi, The Crocodile Hunter, Osama Bin Laden, and COBRA Commander.

1 Like

The original is creepy enough without being warped. Also, the original is like a caricature where the artist said, “You know all those facial features that all the other caricaturists emphasize with these presidents? I’m going to focus on their other facial features, instead.” The end result is figures that are recognizable within the context but don’t actually look much like the real people.

Say what you will about Andy Thomas’s presidential works, but I’m seriously considering ordering a copy of his Wyatt Earp in Hollywood, a portrayal of an often-overlooked chapter of Earp’s life.

1 Like

7 Likes

Lincoln: “I’d walk a million miles For one of your smiles, My Mammy!”

If McNaughton were painting all these works ironically, he’d be one of the greatest satirists of our time.

As it is, he’s an abjectly horrible propagandist.

2 Likes

Perhaps this one is more suitable?

1 Like

Funny, last night I saw this EXACT scene, in a dream where the poet Virgil was leading me down a dark pathway into the bowels of the earth…

I’m so very happy you posted this parody! It’s just perfect!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Why is Abe in Hell?