Those paintings of every president hanging out together

I laughed hard enough at this, that I fear watching the actual episode would kill me.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very good episode, and itā€™s even funnier if you remember the characters from ā€œBride Of Frankensteinā€ and ā€œSon Of Frankenstein.ā€

1 Like

Huh, looks like Jesus has the Tree of Gondor embroidered on his robe.

Huh, thanks for this. (The presidential pictures are here specifically.) I was going to say that the problem canā€™t decide if he want to depict them realistically or in caricature, but he was actually aiming for realism until somebody fucked around with it in Photoshop. The original works much better.

Hey, Rob, how about crediting artists for their work? Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s something BoingBoing has had strong opinions aboutā€¦

Heā€™s got just as many pictures of Democrats as of Republicans. Who do you figure heā€™s propagandizing for?

Iā€™d go out on a limb and suggest Jebus.

Not who, but what: American Exceptionalism.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to just hope youā€™re being ironic.

I thought I knew what American Exceptionalism meant, but Iā€™m not getting how ā€œhereā€™s some former heads of state hanging outā€ promotes it.

As far as I can guess, the point youā€™re trying to make is that America is so self-evidently irredeemably monstrous that depicting any aspect of it in a non-negative light is wicked propaganda. Now, Iā€™m not real happy about some of the things my country gets up to, but even I feel like thatā€™s a bit much. Could you clarify?

I was speaking (only) to McNaughtonā€™s hysterical Tea Party propaganda.

Just to be clear, do you understand that McNaughton is the guy who painted the picture of Jesus with all the political figures around him that was posted earlier in the comments, NOT the guy who painted all the presidents hanging out together?

That hack painter stole my paintingā€¦ One Nation Under Bob Ross

4 Likes

I love those jesus bad advice cartoon remixes! In tribute, just made this:

3 Likes

thatā€™s ā€¦ fascinating.

Whatā€™s the original?

I donā€™t remember where I grabbed it from. It popped up within my own archives when I was searching for the Bob Ross picture I made previously.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.